Company: Mallory Alexander International Logistics
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Mallory Alexander International Logistics, a global third-party
logistics company (3PL) headquartered in Memphis, TN has an
immediate opening for a Logistics Professional to join our
If you are a driven, dedicated team player looking for growth, we
want you to be part of the Mallory Alexander family!
We are looking to bring a Warehouse Manager to our team, where you
will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
performance of operations. You will plan and direct all phases of
warehouse activities, including inbound and outbound warehouse
operations, inventory control, freight transportation, and customer
service by performing the following duties personally or through
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures warehouse operates safely and in compliance with
- Directs daily warehouse operations by planning and managing
warehouse activities with a proactive approach.
- Maintains appropriate security systems in place.
- Conducts safety meetings with warehouse staff.
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry in inventory system in
order to have data available for customers and office
- Plans warehouse space in order to maximize utilization. This
includes building additions and subtractions if needed.
- Ensures all contractual metrics for inbound and outbound
processing, and inventory control, etc., are consistently met or
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of accuracy (99.5%) on
all outbound shipments in order to avoid claims.
- Operates in an efficient/cost conscious manner in order to
achieve budget and Company objectives.
- Maintains a clean and organized facility that is "tour ready"
at all times.
- Works closely with senior management on all Human Resources
issues. Identify areas for improvement in all aspects of the
warehouse operating, further developing and implementing standard
- Monitors yard activity, trailer aging and avoid potential
detention/demurrage charges by reviewing daily yard
- Oversees the shipping material inventory for all customers in
the building and the janitorial supplies required to keep the
- Manages the facilities housekeeping program to ensure all areas
are continuously free of all debris.
- Creates and maintains a well-trained staff that could be
promoted through cross training and mentoring.
- Administers appropriate and timely performance feedback and
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor s Degree (B.A) and two years of experience; or six
four years combined education and experience.
- Must have a high sense of urgency and customer
- Ability to effectively speak before groups of team members and
- Ability to give directions to supervisors and
- Must be well organized with ability to design work flow
- Ability to make sound decisions and deal proactively with work
- Ability to allocate authority and influence others to perform
their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of warehouse management procedures.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, and volume.
- Knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office
- Bilingual English/Spanish
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, and reach with hands; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate to loud.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check is required.
Headhunters/Staffing Agencies: please refrain from reaching out to
our staff about this position to offer your services.
Why Mallory Alexander?
Mallory Alexander International Logistics is a leading full-service
logistics provider established in 1925. With over 13 different
facilities in the U.S. and 2 in China, Mallory Alexander supports
manufacturers, retailers and other suppliers in the storage and
shipment of their valuable cargo, and we do it with confidence on
time, with care, everywhere. We proudly offer competitive
compensation, robust benefits and a family environment, an
environment where our dedicated employees are able make an impact
on our customers' experience.
Keywords: Mallory Alexander International Logistics, Laredo , Warehouse Manager, Professions , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!