Construction Manager, Homebuilding
Company: Winfield Communities
Posted on: June 18, 2022
SUMMARY: -This construction position consists of assisting the
Director of Construction in the daily tasks of the project. It
includes the daily walk of homes to ensure the work is done per
plan specifications. Communicating with the director, internal and
external customers, and maintaining proper written records.
Training in other areas such as customer care, enabling candidate
to progress into other positions within the organization.ESSENTIAL
- Assist Construction Director in all aspects of the construction
job from start to close.
- Assist with the supervision of trade partners from rough,
finish, detail and preparation for final walk-through.
- Perform onsite inspections of the various trade partners' work
to ensure that the level of quality is being complied with.
- Assist Construction Director in maintaining records of job
changes, including work orders and purchase orders.
- Maintain walk list and daily log of job site events.
- Manage the maintenance of a clean site for trade partners.
- Manage job site access at the start and end of the day.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.RequirementsEDUCATION:Must
have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction Management, or
related field; or comparable experience. -EXPERIENCE:Must have at
least 3-5 years of experience in the homebuilding construction
industry, or related experience.SKILLS: -Must have the following
skills and/or abilities:
- Understanding and reading blueprints including architectural,
structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and landscape.
- Construction scheduling, various phases of construction (i.e.
concrete work, framing, and finishing), and cost controls.
- Knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and
equipment used in new home construction.
- Basic estimating capability for change order generation.
- Planning, organizational, delegation, and time management
skills in order to set priorities and meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficient communication (both written and verbal) and
- Problem-solving skills to develop feasible realistic solutions
to problems, recommending actions designed to prevent problems from
occurring, and resolving escalated issues when necessary.
- Working knowledge of laptop, note pad, or other computer
devices used to view plans, report project status, submit/receive
change orders, or other related tasks. -
- Working knowledge of general office equipment such as phone
system, copier, scanner, and the like. -LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: -
-Must have a current valid driver's license and a satisfactory
driving record. -PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to perform the
following physical activity on a frequent to constant basis:
- Sit for long periods of time while gathering, updating, and
validating scheduling/cost information or performing other related
- Lift up to 50 lbs. of construction materials. - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Constantly uses fingers and hands when dialing/answering the
telephone and operating a computer or other office machinery, such
as a copy machine, scanner, and computer printer.
- Use hands and fingers to operate power and hand tools.
- Ability to hear average or normal conversations and receive
ordinary information through verbal communications in person or
detect objects in and around job site over the telephone.
- Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect
documents; operate a computer or other office machinery; or.
- Walk short distances on slippery, even, and/or uneven
- Stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, or crawl.
- Climb and balance on stairs, metal/wooden beams, concrete form
work, ladders, or other structures/elevated areas.WORKING
- Part of work is performed in an office atmosphere located
inside a building with no hazardous or significantly unpleasant
- Daily job site visits involve performing work in outdoor
weather conditions with exposure to extreme cold, heat, and noise
depending upon project site; and may also include the
- dust, fumes, cleaning chemicals, and/or other harsh/hazardous
solvents or disinfectants - -
- electrical components, power lines, or other electrical
- rebar, blades, or other sharp objects/tools
- high elevations, trenches, or crawl spaces
- Travel locally during the work day between jobsites, although
some out-of-area travel may be expected with seldom overnight
travel.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to:
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethics, integrity,
professionalism, and discretion.
- Project a courteous, professional and positive approach with
clients, subcontractors, employees, and authorizing agencies while
providing prompt, efficient, and accurate assistance.
- Nurtures a working environment which encourages employee
loyalty, longevity, and satisfaction.
- Creates a culture of customer satisfaction.
- Follow and exchange basic instructions, information, and
- Direct and instructs team members effectively.
- Make independent decisions based on experience or knowledge
with minimal supervision.
- Direct, instruct, and demonstrate procedures and techniques to
Superintendents and Project Managers to cross-train and/or develop
skills and abilities.
- Participate in training and development opportunities offered
to maintain construction-related software and safety
- Communicate and comprehend instructions/directions in
accordance with safety requirements, which necessitate no language
barriers exist between employees and supervisors.
- Adhere to and perform functions according to company and OSHA
- Wear personal protective equipment as required such as steel
toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hat,
vest, and the like while conducting job site visits.
- Maintain regular, timely, and predictable attendance.
Keywords: Winfield Communities, Laredo , Construction Manager, Homebuilding, Professions , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!