I.S Support Specialist
Posted on: January 17, 2022
- As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 16,000
trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 329 locations
across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly
sophisticated needs of international trade through customize
solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our
services include the consolidation and forwarding or air or ocean
freight. Customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance,
time-define transportation. Order and risk management, warehousing.
distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is
headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Job Description
IS Specialist supports the corridor in the optimization,
maintenance and support of Expeditors. IS specialist assists the
Manager in achieving the implementation and measurement of defined
goals so that the department has strong technical expertise and
operational execution by innovated solutions on processes and
systems for the branch while supporting our Vision and Mission
- Proactively monitor the following key metrics to achieve the
- Employee Satisfaction
- Participate in Employee Performance Evaluations meetings
annually and quarterly 1 on 1's.
- Complete 52 hour training per year (4.33 per month). Including
New Hire Trainings.
- Complete all mandatory training timely.
Administration and Personnel Management
- Exemplify and Teach Our Culture, Mission and Goals.
- Follow the 10 Critical Success Factor.
- Escalate to manager any department needs.
- Contribute to build healthy cross-functional relationship and
work environment, promote team spirit and cohesiveness in the
- Properly use the required tools and systems. Report any
failures to IS Manager.
- Be visionary as it relates to processes and tools.
- Own your self-development. Prepare, follow-up and execute on
your personal development goals.
- Ensure that company controls, policies, procedures, processes
are understood and complied with.
- Meet the operational needs of the team and corridor.
- Escalate problems or concerns to Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Effectively execute IS service within the corridor, and
contributing to our relentless pursuit of efficiency and
- Participate in self-assessments and daily monitoring so that
issues are resolved at the root cause level.
- Participate in weekly department meetings.
- Provide effective technical support such as moves, server's
administration, advanced troubleshooting, global and local projects
- Maintain effective after-hours IS support program.
- Ensure corporate policies toward data backup and data
protection are in effect in the corridor.
- Promote effective and optimal network bandwidth usage as per
company policies and guidelines. (Internet Usage, Router Traffic,
email file size, etc.)
- Assist in asset management and cost control through involvement
with local budgeting, purchasing, depreciation monitoring and
maintenance of hardware support contracts.
- Comply with Expeditors FAST IS procedures and branch IS
- Support branch disaster recovery efforts as they occur.
- Deliver IS training courses within the branch.
- Have a fundamental understanding of Expeditors operational
systems, including ETMS (Aborts, FORMS, AIRRTS, CLIENT, INFO, CLONE
and Models, PECAN, ALERTS), EIFA, ECMS, AND EDMS.
- Ensure efficiency in the optimization of systems and tools and
continuously improve the efficiency, productivity and quality of
the service to our customers.
- Coordinate with local management to identify opportunities to
improve quality, service, trade compliance, and profitability
through the pursuit of efficiency and consistency.
- Assist in the progress of development projects from initiation
- Ensure the effectiveness of the developments of tools and the
effectiveness of process enhancements
- Collaborate with other districts, regional and global resources
to build consistency in all processes.
- Build strong relationships with the vendors and evaluate them
in a regular basis.
- Contribute to a global operational standard in pursuit of a
Best in Class operation.
- Internal and External EDI Support (i.e. AMS with US customs,
EDI with third-party customs authorities, EDI with
- Escalate necessary issues to Manager and District Manager.
- Assist on the preparation of the yearly budget and manage the
efforts towards meeting budget.
- Provides technical assistance to clients, be supportive and
actively participate in Sales calls where needed and
- Initiates and follow up independently on IS projects with
Clients such as EDI, Using and Selling Sn@p & expo, Barcode
scanning (into EDMS / ETMS), Customer Reports, and Tradeflow
- Closely liaises with CHQ to assist and support RFQ and RFI
related with IT
- Trains Sales people on systems features and benefits in
coordination with the IS Customer Solutions Sr. Manager at CHQ
- Attends sales meetings with the local IS contacts to
familiarize the local IS contacts with the sales procedures.
Security, Health and Safety
- Responsible to inform immediately to the Branch's Health and
Safety representative any unsafe condition that could put employees
at risk in the workplace as well as any incident or accident.
To be the most effective in this position the ideal candidate
should possess the following:
- Education: Degree (preferred): Bachelor's degree in Computer
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in IS required, including
experience in projects, efficiency tools and/or operational process
- Exhibit a leadership style that empowers and fosters a cohesive
- Customer Satisfaction oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to
communicate at all levels written and oral communication and
- Experience in creating/designing and delivering
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple
- Strong time management skills, multitask and attention to
- Project management skills
- Problem solving and business analytical skills
- Experience in the development/implementation of internal and
external visibility tools.
- Ability to complete work within standard procedures, guidelines
and office policies
- Self-driven personality
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of all Microsoft
Office applications and other development software.
- English and Spanish fluency
- Commitment to Exemplify our culture at all times
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Expeditors, Laredo , I.S Support Specialist, Professions , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!