Commodity Inventory Controller
Company: Sunset Grown
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Come join our growing team! The Laredo Distribution Center, a
187,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7; is currently
seeking a Commodity Inventory Controller to join our team. The
essential function of the CIC is;
* Primary Responsibilities:
* Inspect and sign off on product quality in inventory and/or at
the docks to meet our customers' specifications.
* Ensure product allocations are updated and distributed,
throughout the day, and executed as expected.
* Make decisions to allocate product most effectively and
efficiently for the good of the company.
* Ensure any rework is allocated to production to maximize
* Possess a mindset of delivering the highest quality product by
training, coaching and motivating members of the planning and
* Maintain a line of sight on expected inbounds 0 - 3 days out.
* Effectively communicate and cohesively work with cross functional
teams, i.e., commodity team, production and shipping
* Develop, lead, mentor and set objectives for the commodity team
including formal performance reviews. Routinely monitor, verify,
and give feedback to production on the accuracy of product
* Maintain necessary department metrics on which the performance of
the team is measured.
* Utilize the ERP system and communicate technical needs for
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's or
Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Experience in the produce/grocery industry highly desired.
Product training will be provided.
* Knowledge of Perishable Agricultural Commodities (PACA) a
* Must maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following
standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and
take ownership of job.
* Complete various administrative tasks that include standard QA/QC
forms; documentation of inspection results by completing logs and
reports; inputting data into database system.
* Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a
dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment.
* Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Possess strong communication skills with the ability to
effectively follow-up and handle multiple, competing
* Advanced computer skills with MS Word, Excel including filters,
sorts, pivot tables, and formulas
* Experience with an Inventory Management system, i.e. NAV, JDA is
* Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours.
* Math aptitude required.
* Combination of refrigerated warehouse; 80% of the day will be
spent on the warehouse floor
* Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree
controlled temperature zones. The background noise approaches
* Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without
* Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending,
squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Paid time off and holiday pay
* Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
* Opportunities for growth and advancement
Keywords: Sunset Grown, Laredo , Commodity Inventory Controller, Professions , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!