Company: Marten Transport
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The Tractor Technician furnishes quality major and minor in-house
repairs to the reefer fleet in a timely and efficient manner, while
complying with Marten policy and procedure.
1. Meets the standard of performance.
2. Maintain proficiency in the diagnosis and repair of all
equipment which includes high quality and low cost completed in a
timely manner to meet fleet cost per mile goals.
3. Maintain proficiency in rebuilding components on equipment.
4. Effectively and efficiently performs preventative maintenance
inspections. Ensure the timely and effective repair of any problems
identified during preventive maintenance inspections.
5. Ensure all company, EPA and Safety policies are complied to meet
local, state and federal standards.
6. Accountable for all direct and indirect labor hours on a daily
and weekly basis.
7. Completes all repair orders in a timely manner, ensuring all
labor and parts are charged to the appropriate unit.
8. Responsible for neat personal appearance utilizing clean
uniforms daily and proper footwear to include safety toe
9. Achieve acceptable work attendance, does not abuse PTO time and
sick day time.
10. Return all unused parts to the parts room and does not abuse
11. Tags all warranty parts with appropriate information to include
cause of failure, mileage and removal date.
12. Attends all company training classes, then retains and
demonstrated what was instructed.
13. Responsible for the cleanliness of work area, keeping spills,
grease and debris to a minimum.
14. Performs additional duties and special projects as needed or
15. Maintenance expenses kept within budget cost of tires
at .0125 cents per mile and tractors repairs at .0325 cents per
16. No come backs or road failures within 30 days of service or
17. Indirect labor at 10% or less.
18. Attendance at 99% and only 1 tardy per quarter.
19. All removed parts are tagged for warranty that are
20. Does not abuse the 15 minute break and 15 minute wash-up time
21. Returns uniforms to be cleaned weekly and does not abuse use of
Must posses mechanical skills and aptitude for the position. Must
be able to exhibit skills and knowledge through company
pre-employment exam. Must be able to read and write English
language and have some computer skills.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and be able to stand for
Keywords: Marten Transport, Laredo , Tractor Technician, Professions , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!