General Manager - Site
Company: TA / Petro
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Brief The General Manager leads and develops a team of
Profit Center Manager (PCMs) to drive the overall results of the
entire travel center location. The position is also responsible for
providing the proper training, development, and supervision of PCMs
to ensure the profitability, environmental protection, site
maintenance, safety and efficient operation of the travel center
according to Company policies.Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that programs are properly implemented and maintained
to ensure the safety of customers and employees.
- Recruits and selects new site management employees capable of
meeting or exceeding Company performance standards.
- Ensures the PCMs are properly staffing their departments with
qualified employees to maintain the designated hours of operation.
Reviews staff scheduling with PCMs to achieve labor standards set
by the Company including those concerning overtime.
- Ensures the PCMs are giving hiring, orientation and training
employees the highest priority. Also ensures PCM/APCMs are
personally conducting location orientation for new employees.
- Directs PCMs to ensure all location employees complete
mandatory training and receive on the job training. Monitors
development progress and recommends additional training as
necessary for site PCMs/ACPMs. Identifies cross training
- Assesses performance of PCMs, completes appraisals of direct
reports and recommends for advancement and merit increases.
- Communicates work assignments and responsibilities to PCMs,
follows up on completion of responsibilities, coaches, develops and
trains managers to ensure performance measures and location
standards are met or exceeded and to raise individuals--- levels of
performance. Takes corrective action when management performance
remains unsatisfactory. As necessary, initiates disciplinary
action, up to and including, termination.
- Develops an open door atmosphere that is conducive to receiving
- Ensures all customer complaints are addressed promptly and
develops ways to reduce or eliminate their reoccurrence. Personally
contacts customers when appropriate.
- Actively solicits employee and customer input to improve
- Ensures awareness and compliance with all federal, state and
local regulations that impact operations.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion and submission of
reports, personnel records, time sheets, price surveys and others
- Leads PCMs to implement and maintain corporate programs and
procedures according to guidelines.
- Directs PCMs in their work activities to meet or exceeds
- Aids in overall location supervision as needed.
- Supervises the total function of a travel center which operates
multiple profit centers and which may operate 24 hours per day, 365
days per year.
- Aids the Senior Vice President/District Manager/Regional
Operations Specialist by monitoring competitors--- fuel prices and
regular non-fuel prices.
- Prices fuel and non-fuel merchandise in accordance with
established pricing instructions.
- Maintains awareness of other competitive practices that could
have an impact on business.
- Monitors fuel sales performance.
- Maintains fuel and non-fuel inventory levels with the
guidelines established for the location ensuring full selection and
no run outs.
- Leads PCMs to adequately and effectively maintain and safeguard
Company property, equipment, funds and merchandise and ensure all
loss prevention and audit policies are properly executed.
- Manages location operations while controlling operating
expenses within established budgets. Holds PCMs accountable for
achieving hour and overtime targets.
- Leads management team and employees to understand and comply
with all wage and hour obligations. Ensures time records are
complete and accurate and non-exempt employees are compensated for
all time worked.
- Supervises PCMs to implement home office promotions in profit
centers and promotional menu items in the restaurant to enhance
- Knows the basic operation of all computer inventory systems and
reports in all profit centers. Is able to accomplish POS system
transactions efficiently when necessary. Ensures PCMs have trained
employees in POS system transactions.
- Ensures location staff, property and premises always project a
pleasing and welcome appearance, that all aspects of housekeeping
are in order and anything needing attention is thoroughly and
- Seeks to maintain and elevate superior customer relations at
all times through a team that provides fast, friendly service at a
safe and clean location.
- Develops and implements programs that recognize and reward
outstanding customer service performed by employees. Sets an
example of outstanding customer service.
- Ensures PCM work activities meet all brand standards.
- Works with DM and PCMs to develop succession plan for
departments and ensures employees are provided with development
opportunities for career growth.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting of total site results and
achieving budgeted site EBITDA.Qualifications
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field
or relevant experience in business operations.
- Minimum 3+ years--- experience with supervising manager-level
- Ability to analyze financial reports (e.g., understand the
calculations on the P&L, coverage ratio, budget & expense
reports, etc.) to create positive financial results at all
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills to
deliver information clearly and effectively to customers and
- Ability to perform all non-management functions to assist when
- Demonstrate proficient customer service skills to provide best
in class service.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and proactively
complete assigned duties.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver---s license with
appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving
record.Working Conditions / Physical Requirements The position will
be required to lift and carry merchandise items weighing up to
approximately 50 pounds and climb a ladder to reach supplies stored
in overhead areas as well as to inspect for cleanliness. Must have
the ability to regularly stand/walk for up to ten (10) hours/day
and sit for periods up to four (4) hours/day. Operate computer
equipment efficiently. Good hand coordination, fine motor skills
and manual dexterity. Must be able to work irregular hours in
exterior and interior conditions. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus. All performed with or without a reasonable
accommodation.Disclaimer This job description may not list all
duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be
asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right
to revise the job description at any time. This job description is
not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA
Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any
Keywords: TA / Petro, Laredo , General Manager - Site, Professions , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!