On Call Biometrics Technician - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
World On Call Biometrics Technician As a Biometrics Technician
(BT), you will be responsible for supporting the mission of a
government program located in Laredo, TX. This position works as a
part of a dynamic team of professionals assisting the United States
Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) Application Support Center
(ASC) operations. This position is an ON CALL team member.
- This position will require the ability to obtain and maintain a
government issued security clearance
- PAE provides all required job training for qualified
candidatesPrimary Responsibilities are:Complete biometrics
registration for applicants seeking legal immigration to the United
States. Ensure all who enter the ASC are approved applicants and
visitors while providing both interior and exterior crowd control
and assisting the staff in enforcing the rules and policies of the
ASCs. Provide front-line customer service as representatives of PAE
and on behalf of the United States Government.*ON-CALL* employees
are expected to be available all five days, Monday through Friday
from the hours of 7:45am to 4:15pm for substitute coverage as
needed at the site. This is not a regular Full Time or regular Part
Time position; it is a Casual On-Call position. All efforts are
made to notify On-Call personnel in advance of the site on call
needs, however, occasionally employees are notified the night
before or day of. Interested candidates must meet this
availability. In this position, hours are not guaranteed, and
employees are on a as needed basis so a steady income stream cannot
be guaranteed. The On-Call position is a perfect fit for candidates
with flexibility, seeking supplemental income and for those who
still want to be active in a work environment without a committed
schedule.Highlights of Responsibilities: It is expected that
providing applicants with the highest level of customer service is
primary in all responsibilities. This position must be able to work
with the public, display a cheerful and inviting demeanor, smile,
manage the applicants with sensitivity, courtesy and ensuring the
applicant is treated with respect as a customer of the USCIS
ASC.Further, personnel must safeguard all areas where Personal
Identifiable Information (PII) is vulnerable such as applicants
paperwork and identifications, electronic biometric data and
- Perform quality biometrics processing to include capturing
electronic fingerprints, photographs, and signatures within
established program-wide processing times.
- Screen applicants entering the facility to ensure they have a
valid appointment notice and identification allowing their entry
into the ASC.
- Utilize crowd control barriers (stanchions or rails) to ensure
a safe and organized entry into the facility.
- Visually inspect applicants and their belongings prior to
allowing entry into the facility. During national pandemics or
other health crisis, applicants may be asked questions about their
status of illness and may be declined entry to the ASC per customer
- Conducting periodic facility checks (both interior and
exterior) reporting any concerns to the Site Supervisor to
- Assist the Site Supervisor and/or government Immigration
Service Officer in calling local law enforcement or first
responders when necessary.
- Manage and complete with accuracy administrative paperwork such
as tracking processing time for applicants, reconciliation
paperwork of biometrics captured, assisting in maintaining a
visitor control log for non-applicants entering the facility,
signing off on facility checks and other administrative duties as
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government issued
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Ability to stand upright on ones feet for scheduled shift
duration, excluding meals and breaks.
- Ability to hold and grasp applicants hands to obtain quality
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with the
- Ability to type and use basic computer skills.
- Successful completion of the biometrics training and become
certified within sixty days.Desired Skills:
- Ability to speak a foreign language
- #APP21#LI-PRIORITY PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veterans status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law PosterEEO is the Law
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Laredo , On Call Biometrics Technician - Immediate Interviews!, Professions , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!