CBRNE Program Analyst
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Location: Crystal City
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Battelle delivers when others can't. We conduct research and
development, manage laboratories, design and manufacture products
and deliver critical services for our clients-whether they are a
multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government
agency. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.-- JOB SUMMARY We are currently
seeking a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and
Explosives (CBRNE) Program Analyst. This position is located in
Alexandria, VA. Battelle's Contract Research Organization is
seeking a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and
Explosives (CBRNE) Analyst for full-time work in Alexandria,
Virginia supporting the Irregular Warfare Technical Support
Directorate (IWTSD), Technical Support Working Group (TSWG),
Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE)
subgroup. The IWTSD/TSWG is an interagency combating terrorism
organization with the mission of rapid research and development of
technologies to meet the needs of diverse end users across ten
functional areas of Irregular Warfare. The CBRNE subgroup develops
capabilities to address vulnerabilities associated with forward
deployed military and civilian personnel; domestic security and
first responder personnel; and U.S. Government facilities in the
U.S. and abroad; and rapidly transition those capabilities to the
users. We are seeking a candidate with at least 5 years' experience
as a military CBRN specialist with a strong background and
experience in CBRN military operations, equipment, development,
testing, and/or managing defense related research and development
projects. Support includes coordinating research and development
projects, end-user requirements, providing R&D project
oversight, and reviewing technical proposals. This position will be
working in the area of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear,
and Explosives (CBRNE) for an organization that rapidly identifies
and develops capabilities for the Department of Defense,
Intelligence Community and the other Government organizations.
- Ensure successful execution and delivery of multiple research
and development projects in support of the Department of Defense,
the Intelligence Community, the Interagency, and International
- Provide technical and operational advice and assistance related
to CBRNE projects.
- Facilitate and manage CBRNE portfolio at a programmatic level,
in close coordinate with Government Program Manager.
- Support operational planning, testing, system fielding, and
- Assist with the process to gather and define requirements,
(i.e., the development/translation of operational gaps into
requirements that can be satisfied).
- Communicate verbally and in writing and maintain effective
working relationships with a broad range of operational users,
technical developers and government program managers.
- Assist in solicitation preparation and coordinate the source
- Provide technical advice and assistance; review proposed
solutions for technical feasibility, (Quad Charts, White Papers,
and Full Proposals).
- Develop procurement packages resulting from Broad Agency
Announcements (BAAs) and other vendor solicitations including
Statements of Work, Technical Evaluations, Independent Cost
Estimates, Contract Data Requirements List, etc.
- Participate in Kick-Off Meeting, Preliminary Design Reviews,
Critical Design Review, etc. (Requires travel - travel currently
limited due to COVID-19).
- Plan, organize, execute, analyze, and perform technical work;
organize project resources; manage budget; project deliverables;
and other related project management activities for multiple
- Assist with the project and financial management to ensure
successful delivery of research and development efforts within
scope, cost, and schedule and ensure successful outcome.
- Project stakeholder management; to include, collaborating and
working closely with internal and external stakeholders to
communicate project data, status, and technical needs and address
risk, issues, and opportunities.
- Monitor and report program commitments, obligations,
expenditures, contract performance, and program status execution to
include program milestones, schedule and cost, conduct related
analyses, and track financial and technical metrics.
- Prepare technical and financial information for briefings,
presentations, and status reports.
- Writing both concise recommendation papers and longer
- Support the projects operational planning, testing, system
fielding, and sustainment efforts.
- Contractor personnel performing such services shall be required
to sign a non-disclosure agreement THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Physics
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably in an
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with developmental testing,
and/or operations of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear
- Project Management Experience - familiarity with project
budgeting, financial, and schedule tracking
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance THE
FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Broad technical and/or operational background and must be a
self-starter who is willing to take on new challenges.--
- Capable of working with diverse multi-functional teams; and
have the ability to influence and collaborate with multiple
stakeholders internal and external.
- Excellent word processing and computer skills; familiarity with
Microsoft Office software including--Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as
well as SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience in DoD Special Operations.
- Experience with government contracts in a research and
development (R&D) environment LEGAL DISCLAIMER The above
statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work
being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
activities and skills required of staff members. No statement
herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle
unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal
Department. BENEFITS Battelle's competitive benefits program
includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid
time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and
other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and
your family. Battelle provides employment and opportunities for
advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to
individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable Federal, state, or local law.--Our goal is for
each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of
their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational
objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment
of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all
levels within Battelle.
Keywords: Battelle Memorial Institute, Laredo , CBRNE Program Analyst, Professions , Crystal City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!