TECH - ER (PRN)
Company: Doctors Hospital of Laredo
Posted on: November 8, 2019
Provides assistance to nurses in the Emergency Room with care to
patients under the direct supervision of a nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Ensures comfort and safety of patients at all times and answers
all call bells promptly.
2) Transports patients to floors as needed or to and from vehicles
3) Assists nurses with activities of daily living and repositions
patients per plan of care.
4) Takes vitals, accu checks, measures input/output, performs EKGs,
CPR, lab draws, casting/splinting, start IVs, and weighs patients
5) The tech is responsible for stocking supplies and removal of
6) Order entry/retrieval of patient data via EMR.
7) Communicates effectively with healthcare team members.
8) Responsible for maintaining orderly nursing station, unit and
9) Orders supplies and maintains par levels.
10) Processes charts for admissions and discharges.
11) Documents interventions and treatments in EMR.
12) Greets clients, performs quick registration into the
13) Provides basic care when performing 1-1 supervision of patients
with AMS, Psychiatric Illness and or
14) Participates in PI process for the ED.
15) Cleans & disinfects used sterile equipment and drops them off @
central sterilization for optimal cleansing
16) Assists medical providers with laceration repairs, I&D,
foreign body removal and eye exams.
* MA, C N A or student in the last year of Nursing program
* Current BLS required
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
* Competency checklist must be completed prior to being able to
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal
Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of
Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports
and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion
and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Doctors Hospital of Laredo, Laredo , TECH - ER (PRN), Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!