Company: Paragon Systems Inc.
Location: Eagle Pass
Posted on: May 28, 2023
This position is under the direct supervision of the Project
Manager for assigned shift of the US Federal Government and is
responsible for providing protection and safekeeping of persons
held under the authority of any United States statute. Our client's
mission is to provide a safe environment in which Federal agencies
conduct their business without fear of violence, crime or
The Detention Officer performs various duties related to detention,
safeguarding, security and escort of violators of immigration laws,
exercises surveillance over detainees, and maintains order and
discipline, attends to sheltering, feeding, and physical well-being
of detainees. The Detention Officer guards detainees at deportation
or exclusion hearings, recognizes potential hazardous health,
safety, security, or discipline problems.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include function, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Guarding Federal detainees confined to a medical facility for
- Escorting Federal detainees to and from local medical
facilities for evaluation and treatment by physicians.
- Escorting Federal detainees to and from physician's office, or
other areas of the medical facility or hospital, or for treatment,
- Escorting Federal detainees between Federal and non-Federal
detention facilities and the Federal Courthouse for appearance or
meetings before the Grand Jury, the Court, or US Attorney,
- Escorting Federal detainees between detention facilities and/or
the Justice Prisoner Alien Transportation System (JPATS) airlift
- Providing guard services within Federal Courthouse, Federal
buildings, and the cellblock areas.
- Providing security for Government seized property.
Minimum Qualifications at Entry: Additional qualifications may be
specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the
- U.S. citizenship preferred
- Be at least 21 years of age. Education - Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of full time law
enforcement, corrections officer, or military police experience
monitoring detainees and dealing with security matters related to
detainee handling and detention of detainees on a regular
- All employees shall have at least one year of experience as a
law enforcement officer, corrections officer, or military police
officer, a period of active-duty military experience (with an
honorable discharge), or six months of experience as a security
officer engaged in functions related to detaining civil or
- Employees shall have at least one year of general experience
that demonstrates the following:
- The ability to greet and deal tactfully with the public;
- The ability to understand and apply written and verbal orders,
rules, and regulations;
- Literacy and the ability to interpret printed rules and
regulations, detailed written orders, training instructions, and
- The ability to write reports;
- Good judgment, courage, alertness, an even temperament, and the
ability to render satisfactory performance through knowledge of his
or her position responsibilities; and the ability to maintain poise
and self-control during situations that involve mental stress, such
as fires, explosions, civil disturbances, and building
- Possess a valid U.S. driver's license Background
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, may need to meet
Physical examination requirements per assignment and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state,
county and municipal licensing requirements.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for
specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the
- Ability to be an effective team member; to maintain
professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances; to
adapt to changes in the external environment and organization and
possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service. Courteous
telephone manner: good interpersonal skills, with the ability to
interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse
cultures. WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable
accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to
effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other
demands, the demands of the job include:
- Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure
to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
- Shift work required.
- Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours
without eating, drinking, or relieving bladder/bowels.
- Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and
stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors,
during daytime or nighttime.
Certain state's posting requirements ask for additional detail.
Depending on geography, site assignment and / or experience:
Wage range for this position is $15.00-37.92 with a Health and
Welfare benefit range from $4.00-$6.00 where applicable.
- Additional compensation of $1.00 - $3.00 may be available at
sites requiring a Secret or Top-Secret clearance.
- Some site assignments may include a shift differential of an
additional $0.25 - $1.50 per hour. Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (if paid via Health and Welfare
benefit, there is no separate company contribution)
- The paid leave for full time employees is from 80-240 hours /
year based on longevity in the position, and sick leave is a
minimum of 56 hours per year for a full-time employee - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
VA License Number: 11-4665
Keywords: Paragon Systems Inc., Laredo , Detention Officer, Other , Eagle Pass, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...