Posted on: May 27, 2023
Performs the primary functions of a Scheduling Clerk/Coordinator within the assigned department for outpatient ancillary departments by demonstrating knowledge in computer software, coding, and outpatient procedures. The Scheduling Clerk/Coordinator will work closely with ancillary departments, patients, and physician offices. Will manage a high volume of incoming calls to schedule services. Registers patients and verifies benefits. The Scheduling Clerk/Coordinator routinely works Monday through Friday, but can be assigned to work after hours and/or Saturdays when needed. (This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.)
1. Schedules all necessary exams by requesting patient demographics, clinical information related to procedure, insurance information, reviews availability of scheduling books and schedules according to type of procedure requested and confirms patient's appointment.
2. Responsible for effective communication by receiving incoming calls and communicating messages as necessary and communicating with staffing, if and when necessary, of any changes and requests.
3. Able to register in Invision using QPI function to create FIN#, able to schedule patients through the appropriate bookshelf based on procedures/exams.
4. Verifies physician privileges and delinquency status. Maintains current list of physicians with privileges and delineated credentials, and maintains current suspension list.
5. Request/obtain authorization from physician's office upon scheduling.
6. Selects appropriate patient from the Cerner Scheduled Patient Log from Invision to complete the full patient regisration.
7. Verifies insurance benefits and obtains proper authorization as needed.
8. Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shifts. Other duties as assigned.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449
Keywords: UHS, Laredo , SCHEDULING CLERK/COORD, Other , Laredo, Texas
here to apply!