Patient Registration/OP Registration Clerk PRN
Company: Community Health System
Posted on: May 25, 2023
We are looking for dedicated Patient Registration/Admitting PRN Clerk to be a part of our team. Opportunities to grow your career, or earn additional income with part-time employment are now available! Apply today for either full-time or part-time employment status. We will contact qualified candidates to assess your suitability for your preferred status.
Positions Available for (FT/PT) Patient Registration/Admitting Clerks
Laredo Medical Center is looking looking for dedicated Patient Registration/Admitting PRN Clerk to be a part of our team. Opportunities to grow your career, or earn additional income with part-time employment are now available! Apply today for either full-time or part-time employment status. We will contact qualified candidates to assess your suitability for your preferred status.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
* The Patient Registration/Admitting Clerks are tasked with a variety of important functions, including collecting insurance information, explaining hospital forms and financial options, and coordinating discharge procedures.
* This position will coordinate the scheduling, referral management, registration, prior authorization and insurance verification processes for patients.
* Answers the telephone, takes messages and communicates with other members of the ED staff, physicians, patients and/or their relatives courteously. Files and post all diagnostic reports and graphs' vital signs on the patients chart after review by the nursing staff. Transcription and order entry of physician's orders appropriately and accordance with LMC policy and procedures.
* Work includes admitting patients and transferring appropriate paperwork. The position requires strict patient confidentiality. The Patient Registration/Admitting Clerk will report to the Director of Admissions.
Job Requirements Include:
* Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
* Preferred: Knowledge of Medical Terminology. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* One year acute Emergency Department experience as an admitting clerk (registration) performing scheduling, registration, insurance verification and or billing.
Licenses / Certificates:
Ideal Candidate Behaviors and Characteristics
* Excellent Communication Skills (Both Oral and Written)
* Demonstrates consistent understanding of customer service to patients and peers
* Maintains a positive demeanor towards peers and patients
* Able to demonstrate a high degree of compassion towards patients and their families
* Possesses an innate desire to work as a team with fellow peers
* Knowledge of basic mathematics and payment processing
* Highly organized
Keywords: Community Health System, Laredo , Patient Registration/OP Registration Clerk PRN, Other , Laredo, Texas
here to apply!