Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Facility: -RIO GRANDE DETENTION CTRCompensation Base:
-$49,920.00Compensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummarySupervises security/control activities and staff in
an assigned area, which provides for maximum facility coordination
in detainee supervision and safety, in addition to the preparation
of required records and reports. -Primary Duties and
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies,
procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment
- Responds to major unusual occurrences. Facilitates prompt and
appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury,
illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character
development of detainees/inmates and staff through the
encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of
physical facilities, and influencing relationships among
- Directs the work of other employees. This includes the
selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee
training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action,
- Makes assignments, reviews post orders and assures that all
procedures including emergency procedures are in place and staff is
trained in proper implementation.
- Reviews disciplinary matters concerning both staff and
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical
inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and
- Gives primary guidance on situational problems; making
referrals for more complex problems.
- Prepares records and reports as assigned by management.
Maintains daily logs as required.
- Responsible for attaining facility goals/objectives and
ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and/or
procedures for security operations.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of
work performed by detainee/inmate staff. May provide detainee
supervision and security in other areas as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a correctional
setting, one of which was in a position requiring supervisory
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command
the respect and confidence of detainees/inmates and staff and
possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Laredo , SUPV, SHIFT, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!