Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Facility: -RIO GRANDE DETENTION CTRCompensation Base:
-$17.20Compensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryUnder general supervision, coordinates the
facility's training program by identifying appropriate personnel
for training, ensuring presenters are available when scheduled, and
assisting in any additional needs that may be required during
training assignments. This position also ensures that all training
records are maintained in an accurate and thorough manner. This
position may also present training information that is of a
standard or routine nature. Assists in preparing and updating
training materials. -Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the delivery of pre-service, in-service and
on-the-job training for new and existing employees. May present
standard and routine training topics on an as needed basis.
- Maintains schedules of training programs throughout the year.
Posts training programs within the facility.
- Coordinates the delivery of training topics by identifying
appropriate personnel to present material and ensuring that
attendees are properly scheduled to attend. Ensures effective flow
of presentations during training sessions.
- Coordinates the scheduling of personnel when they need to
attend training programs. Maintains training records on personnel
attendance. May complete necessary information to ensure the
facility's compliance requirements. Verifies that all employees'
certifications are current. Advises employees of recertification
deadlines and works with employees to ensure certification remains
current to client agency requirements.
- Coordinates or provides facility orientation for volunteers and
- Maintains all training files for the facility.
- May assist management in identifying facility training needs
and the developing an annual training plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Communication, Training and
Development or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years relevant work experience in a correctional or
related field required. Prior work experience in training design,
development and implementation of institution training programs
- Must be able to work with all personnel within the facility.
Must be able to effectively partner with external customers are
- Above average verbal and written communication skills. Proven
experience in conducting presentations in front of groups
- Certification as training instructor from a national governing
board such as the National Institute of Corrections Training for
Trainers/Design & Development within 180 days of appointment to
- Must meet or exceed all standards and qualifications required
by client agency for training personnel.
- Required to be current with all policies and regulations
affecting the facility.
- Must be able to use computer and the software application
packages used by the facility.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Laredo , TRAINING COORDINATOR, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!