Company: Community Health System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Laredo Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Hematology Oncology
Physician to join the community.
- Call Coverage Available every other week
- Office Space Available
- Will accept graduating Fellows
- Joining 1 other Hem/Onc provider
- Includes 8 patient rooms with experienced Clinical Manager and
- No visa support available
- Spanish is a plus
Laredo, TX is located on the north bank of the Rio Grande River
on the border of Mexico and the United States.
- Population of around 275,000
- Home to Texas A&M International University and Laredo
- Multiple historical districts, many on the National Register of
- Home to the Tecolotes Dos Laredos, the Triple-A minor league
team for the Mexican League that plays home games in both Mexico
and in Laredo
- Many family friendly pools and parks
We offer an excellent recruitment package that may include:
- Commencement bonus
- Potential medical education debt assistance
- Relocation, marketing and CME allowances
- Texas does not have a personal state income tax!
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Accepts J-1 Waivers: No
Accepts H-1b Visas: No
Accepts Search Firm Soliciations: No
Laredo Medical Center (LMC) is a state-of-the-art, 326-bed acute
care facility serving fast-growing Laredo (population 200,000) and
the surrounding area. Laredo Medical Center, which is accredited by
the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
(JCAHO) and has been serving the healthcare needs of its community
for more than 110 years, is an integrated delivery system featuring
a wide array of sophisticated medical care in an attractive,
welcoming environment. LMC is the area's only heart hospital,
offering complete diagnostic and interventional cardiology
services. Its cardiology unit includes two open heart operating
rooms, a recently upgraded cardiac cath lab (with a second
scheduled to open mid-2007), and inpatient cardiac rehabilitation
services. LMC is the area's only accredited Chest Pain Center. The
Sanchez Cancer Center, the Family Birth Center, and the Sleep and
Seizure Disorder Center are other centers of excellence at the
650,000-square-foot complex, which is located on a 50-acre campus
near downtown Laredo. The facility includes two medical office
Laredo Medical Center offers:
- Inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services for our
regional delivery area from birth through the senior years.
- A one-stop health care facility, designed with the kind of
convenience that allows you to coordinate tests and physician
appointments for the same visit.
- 24/7 emergency and trauma care Cardiac services, including:
heart catheterization, balloon angioplasty, open-heart surgery, and
heart valve replacement.
Laredo is located on the north bank of the historical Rio Grande
River (or Rio Bravo, as it is known in Mexico). The community
boasts an outstanding school system, the Laredo Independent School
District, an educational partner with the City of Laredo and the
larger global community, with focus on developing and educating
students by providing a relevant and challenging curriculum through
The town has experienced continuous growth over the years.
Between 1960 and 1990 Laredo's population has more than doubled.
This is attributed to Laredo's growing importance as a
manufacturing and trading center on the Texas-Mexico border, which
has drawn increasing numbers of people from the surrounding
Keywords: Community Health System, Laredo , Physician, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!