Company: Sunset Grown
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our Laredo, TX distribution center, a 193,000 sq. ft.
refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking an
Inventory Supervisor to join our team due to department expansion.
In this role you will be responsible for the supervision of all
inventory staff on shift by team. The inventory team will consist
of Hi-lo drivers, lumpers, reach truck operators and rider jack
operators. Primary areas of focus are; on time shipping of orders,
maintaining production inputs, product utilization and ensuring
warehouse procedures are followed.
Full time Day Shift: Sunday - Wednesday, 12:00 am - 10:00 am
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hit target outbound schedules (ready times) by managing staff
and prioritizing workloads while following established picking
process controls and thorough investigation of the missing
- Monitor WMS exceptions and compliance to identify issues and
correct / coach operators' compliance to success.
- Monitor picking accuracy and work to improve results through
training and follow up with team members.
- Liaise with quality, receiving, production, CIC's, scheduling
and shipping regarding quality issues, alternate allocation
requests, or requests for deviations to a customer
- Monitor the use of all material handling equipment to ensure
that it is used safely and properly.
- Ensure that all company policies are being followed by the
team, including adherence to all GMP and Food Safety related
- Lead and develop your direct reports through coaching and
mentoring to set objectives for team members including any
necessary corrective actions and progressive discipline.
- Continually look for ways to improve current processes to gain
greater efficiencies and reduce operational costs.
- Provide Management reports as required daily, weekly and
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in inventory or related
job, preferably in a warehouse environment.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a lead or supervisory role is
- Must have the ability to effectively follow-up with personnel
and handle multiple ongoing projects.
- Possess strong mathematical aptitude.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel; prior experience with
Warehouse Management Systems, i.e. NAV JDA, etc.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately work with a
sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to
communicate effectively and professionally.
- Spanish as a second language is highly desired.
- Ability to be flexible to work a varying schedule to meet the
needs of the business
- Operate Hilo truck (reach truck) and other related powered
industrial equipment (forklift, pallet jack).
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree
controlled temperature zones. The background noise approaches
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Weekly pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in
place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or
documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office
so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation
to be put in place.
Keywords: Sunset Grown, Laredo , Supervisor, Inventory, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!