Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in
the world by Fortune, and one of America's best employers by
Forbes. We're looking for a highly skilled professional who knows
how to get the best out of their team. As the Manager, Business
Development, you will drive incremental revenue growth and
proactively plan for renewals while acting as a single point of
contact for the business unit. You will also collaborate with the
Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) to establish the overall global
forwarding account plan and resolve customer issues. Become a part
of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career
to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and the opportunity to participate in a company
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Promote XPO's full complement of transportation solutions:
Regional dedicated truckload, Ground Expedite, Cross Border, Air
Freight, Air Charter and Temp Validated Services
- Manage base of accounts to strengthen relationships and promote
growth within accounts
- Serve as the customers' primary sales contact supporting their
- Adapt a consultative customer sales approach and serve as the
customer advocate ensuring their needs are surpassed.
- Collaborate internally with sales, operations, and pricing
departments to establish contract rates with targeted
- Build a pipeline of targets by prospecting for business through
a variety of activities, including prospecting via phone, web
meetings and perform in-person sales visits to uncover and develop
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues
through strong selling activities
- Design and perform quarterly business reviews with customers to
measure key performance metrics.
- Create and execute a business plan consistent with XPO
strategies and initiatives.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military
- 5 years of combined experience in global forwarding sales,
third-party logistics, project management and/or logistics
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel and
PowerPoint), including creating complex formulas in Excel
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in account management and customer issue
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
present clean, organized and thorough information and data
appropriate for intended audience
- Proven success meeting sales goals
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Nearest Secondary Market: San Antonio
Job Segment: Business Development, Outside Sales, Supply Chain
Manager, Sales Operations, Sales, Operations
Apply now "