F&B Restaurant Server / Part-Time
Company: Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
Location: Eagle Pass
Posted on: June 12, 2021
BOH Kitchen Shift Supervisors
Responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in all areas of
food production; sanitation, presentation, cost control, training
of staff and organization of the assigned food outlet in order to
attract and retain gaming guests while contributing to the
operating success of the food and beverage department.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Tribal, Federal and other
laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by
properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns
- Ensure that all food products prepared meet the established
specifications and standards and proper levels of food are prepared
based on forecasted needs.
- Ensure prompt food delivery to the designated outlets or for
- With a "Hands on Approach," assign tasks effectively for the
efficient use of allocated labor ensuring maximum results are
achieved and daily production needs are met in a timely and
- Responsible for complete set up of assigned outlet.
- Inspect each assigned outlet for readiness and timely opening
of each outlet.
- Ensure production schedules, cleaning schedules, time and
temperature logs are followed using specified methods during the
- Complete required daily reports, convey issues, identify
problems and offer solutions for improvement.
- Relay guest and staff complaints and reports health and safety
- Communicate variances from standards and expectations to the
Executive Chef, Head Cooks, Cooks, dishwashers and utility staff.
Maintain awareness of all changes and conveys the correct
information to the next shift.
- Ensure that a sanitary, neat, clean, organized, safe, and
comfortable environment for team members and guests is maintained
at all times.
- Review menu items and makes changes as necessary.
- Utilize leftovers whenever possible.
- Ensure that kitchen equipment is clean and in working order,
report and prepare work orders for required repairs. Ensure that
all equipment is handled safely and with reasonable care.
- Create recipe cards for all menu items and train cooks on the
use of recipe cards.
- Prepare dishes and all food items for special events.
- Create menus for outlets including daily/nightly features
offerings that attract guests.
- Ensure food items are appealing, tasty and creative.
- Assist the Executive Chef with annual budget process and make
recommendations with regards to staffing, menu items, training and
- Demonstrate and promote KLECH core values and MAD skills.
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information
entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting
requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction
Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies.
Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive
list but rather a general representation of the duties and
responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and
responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational
needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Qualifications:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- A degree from an accredited culinary school is preferred
- Opening or start up experience, preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years BOH experience in a
Management/Supervisory position in a full service la carte
restaurant, fine dining and/or Steakhouse concept, preferred.
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral.
Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Qualified Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and
qualified Native American preference is observed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the General
Manager, Directors, Managers and all staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to have strong critical thinking, analytical and guest
- Must possess a positive attitude with strong organizational and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and
with co-workers of all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate
leadership and team building skills with empathy and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow and comply with established Casino guest
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member
is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, bend for
extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a
- The team member must be able to concentrate for prolonged
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth
- The team member must be able to communicate effectively in
person or using telecommunications equipment.
- The team member must have the hand-eye coordination and manual
dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Back of the house, casino floor and normal office setting.
- Frequent walking and standing in a smoke-filled environment and
frequent contact with the general public.
- Temperature controlled environment with varying noise levels.
May be exposed to high levels of noise throughout the day.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including
nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and work long hours
under stressful conditions.
- May be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve
issues with difficult guests and extremely irate staff
- May be exposed to various types of lighting including, but not
limited to: artificial fluorescent lights, flashing lights, strobe
lights, multiple colored lights, etc.
- Travel may be required to perform one or more essential
functions of this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and retain a KTTT Gaming Commission
License, including successful completion of background check
necessary to obtain and maintain license. Responsible to keep all
documents current and valid at all times.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and
- Must comply with KLEC handbook, internal policy and procedures,
and gaming regulations set within KLEC.
Keywords: Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino, Laredo , F&B Restaurant Server / Part-Time, Other , Eagle Pass, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!