The Manager is a business partner responsible for working
closely with the Assistant General Manager and General Manager to
inspire the team. The Manager ensures all health, safety,
recruiting, budgeting, marketing, and sales goals are obtained
throughout the assigned restaurant; utilizes the sales and
marketing plan as the basis for setting customer service goals to
improve sales through increased customer traffic; supports the
Assistant General Manager and General Manager with regard to
recruitment, development, training, and retention of quality Team
Members and Team Leaders; demonstrates a willingness to listen to
and address problems; ensures a clean, safe, and energy efficient
operation during each shift; and ensures the store is always, in
the customer's eye, "ready for business."
* Evaluate Team Member performance, identify and engage in
training and development activities, and keep General Manager
informed of progress.
* Greet customers and solicit feedback regarding product and
service quality and utilizing feedback to initiate immediate
improvements in the shift.
* Utilize the sales and marketing plan as a basis for setting
customer service goals.
* Validate the sales plan is in line with Period and Quarterly
* Track and audit sales, food, labor, cash and expense items
each day. Posting invoices as incurred and reviewing weekly/monthly
In-store operating statement.
* Ensure accurate inventories are conducted regularly and
efficient ordering is maintained.
* Investigate and ensure accurate timely reporting of all safety
* Ensure Team Members and Team Leaders follow accurate cash
handling and security procedures.
* Perform administrative tasks.
* Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
* Communicate all complaints involving Whataburger policy
violations to upper management.
To continue the path for career success at Whataburger, the
Manager will participate in a skills development program and will
be required to achieve certifications associated with the
Experience: (Minimum experience the job requires.)
* Minimum 1 year of leadership experience in a restaurant,
hospitality, or retail industry.
* Demonstrated intermediate-to-advance level ability to
communicate, influence and negotiate decisions while motivating
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Prior management experience.
Knowledge: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job
* Basic-to-intermediate knowledge of Back of House Systems,
Point of Sale Systems, Restaurant Operating Systems and the
* Strong general knowledge of the organization and its
* Intermediate-to-advanced understanding of budgetary concepts
* Intermediate -to-advanced ability to get work done through
* Intermediate-to-advanced understanding of conducting
* Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to
colleagues, managers and direct reports with ample notice and
Education: (Minimum formal education the job requires.)
* High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
Physical: (Minimum physical requirement to perform the job
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must have the ability to stand during entire shift.
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry
* Ability to read (Orders on tickets, Menu Board, receipts,
* Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and
sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and
* Frequent washing of hands.
* Possession of current and valid driver license required,
liability insurance, acceptable driving record and a satisfactory
background check required.
* Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county and