Systems Engineer I (Government)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure,
IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional
services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting,
developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that
is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values
and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Public Sector Team supports our Nation's Law Enforcement and
First Responder community, providing solutions for critical mission
support and operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Systems Engineer I to support the
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief
Information Officer (OCIO) , in providing IT Operations.
- This role will include, but will not be limited to the
- Provide LAN administrator support with the installation,
configuration and maintenance of network communication devices,
servers, network storage arrays and tape backup units.
- Provide support of network attached devices such as computers,
printers, fax machines, biometric devices, electrocardiograms,
x-ray machines, smart display, and sensors
- Provide support of mobile and wireless devices to include
smartphones, tablets and hotspots
- Assist in testing, applying and maintaining server
configurations and related security patches
- Assist in maintaining and checking the health of systems and
backups to include restore testing
- Monitors ITSM (ServiceNow) assignment groups and applies
troubleshooting needed to resolve tickets
- Update tickets following documentation templates and/or
guidelines to ensure quality requirements are met
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly activity reports describing
activities accomplished in a timely manner
- Provide inventory support and input to the provided inventory
system for the customer
- Responsible for installing and maintaining VTC infrastructure
to include assisting with user requests
- Participate in pre-scheduled after-hours support of weekly
on-call rotation and/or as a team member supporting special
projects or events
- Conduct or provide new equipment deployments and/or requested
- Provide cabling support and run cables within data centers, LAN
rooms and remote wiring closets
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design
specifications for functional activities.
- Effectively contribute to technical discussions and develop and
present required briefing materials to ensure the customer's needs
- Provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing
systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing
systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction
of next generation IT systems.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and
the realities of commercially available IT products and creating
requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and
engineering team and COTS products.
- Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more
areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages,
operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with customers,
stakeholders, and technical specialists
Required Clearance: Public Trust
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of IT-related support experience, preferably in a
helpdesk or customer support role
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and resolve desktop,
network, or other IT issues
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high-quality
- Good technical writing, presentation, and documentation
- Must have excellent team skills and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl, and lift or move
up to 50 lbs
- Must pass Motor Vehicle Records check as this position is
classified as a "Regular Driver" and overnight travel may be
required. (Actual travel percentage varies based upon location but
is typically less than 20%)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and pass the DHS Employment Eligibility
- Must be comfortable working in a Law Enforcement environment
which may consist of locations similar to detention facilities,
prisons or jails.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work
assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and
innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across tasks and
- Experience evaluating system performance results and
recommending improvements or optimizations.
- Experience performing IT hardware repairs and installing
- ITIL v4, MCSE, A+, Security+, Network+, or other relevant
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2124993 Date posted 05/16/2021
Keywords: AT&T, Laredo , Systems Engineer I (Government), Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!