Air Export Coordinator
Company: Schenker, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing export
administration and control within government rules and regulations,
including appropriate licensing for shipments.
Review contracts for required clauses and identify omissions.
Provide customer support at the desk level to all internal and
external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents and government
agencies to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
Select carrier to be used for shipment and prepare documents for
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
- Prepare spot price quotations for branch air export departments
- Route and book air export traffic
- Communicate daily with branch air export staff to resolve
- Prepare gateway consolidation files
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required airline
documentation for a consolidation
- Consolidate cargo to achieve the best net cost and benefit to
the company (ULD building, Density and volume mix etc')
- Rate airline MAWBs correctly taking advantage of special
- Manage work load to ensure readiness and delivery of cargo and
documentation to the airline by the flight cutoff
- Perform track and trace functions and update files with events
and 'flown as booked' information
- Initiate airline claim process for damaged and lost cargo as
- Negotiate spot rates with airlines
- Help research and resolve operational problems
- Other duties as assigned The individual in this position must
be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal
guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise
This is an intermediate level position.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Generally prefer 1-2 years of experience.
Good interpersonal skills required.
Knowledge of Word and Excel.
Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information
Benefits Benefits 401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays,
Medical, Vision At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics
network that connects the world.
A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you
to contribute and truly make a difference.
With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity
and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals
with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Keywords: Schenker, Inc., Laredo , Air Export Coordinator, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!