Human Resources Project Manager, (B212010-1), R39, Personnel
Company: City of Laredo, TX
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Please note that due to the recentCOVID-19impact, there may be
delays in the selection process.
Performs professional projects regarding complex human resources
items that require specialized knowledge and overseeing the
performance of professional work of the projects. Conducts
research, provides data and recommendation, and implements
solutions to achieve goals and objectives. Serves as a team leader
on special projects assigned by department management. Job
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances
governing personnel and employment practices.
- Knowledge of Human Resource techniques, methods, procedures,
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods and basic
- Knowledge of position/job analysis and labor market survey
procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of practices, methods, and industry trends related to
coaching, program administration, management, and leadership
- Knowledge of organizational strategic planning and operations
- Knowledge of public administration practices and local
- Knowledge in customer service, public relations, computer
information systems, communications, and organization
- Knowledge and skills in supervisory and managerial techniques
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of administration,
organization, and supervision.
- Knowledge in the application of basic accounting principles
necessary to accomplish financial management tasks; such as:
preparing budgets, monitoring program costs, and project cost
- Skill in gathering and analyzing complex information.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, analyzing, and interpreting
- Skill in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide administrative and professional leadership
and direction to subordinate staff.
- Ability to prepare and present clear and concise administrative
and financial reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
various department directors, division managers, supervisors, and
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions,
project consequences of proposed action and implement
recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop clear and concise
written reports and presentations.
- Ability to plan and coordinate complex assignments, utilizing
additional staff, if necessary.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with
established polices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain good planning and organizational
- Ability to use calculator, computer hardware, various software
programs and technologies, including word processing and
- Ability to speak before public groups and make
- Ability to give directions to and gain compliance from assigned
- Ability to maintain a valid Texas Driver License and a good
- Ability to maintain harmonious and effective working
relationships with other employees and respond to general public
- Ability to project a positive and professional image of the
City of Laredo.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
in the English language and orally in the Spanish language.
- Ability to comply with all City of Laredo's policies and
- Ability to maintain good health and physical condition
sufficient to permit the full performance of the duties of the
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed inside and/or outside an office. Work may be
exposed to a variety of weather conditions and outdoor elements,
such as: excessive intermittent noise. Work may be exposed to a
variety of environmental conditions, such as: contagious infectious
disease, and irritating chemicals. Capable of working closely with
others or alone, working long or irregular working hours, working
shift work and/or weekends, and traveling by car 25% and by plane
5% of the time. Ability to operate a motor vehicle and office
equipment; Work requires light carrying and occasional lifting
(under 15 pounds up to 50 pounds), simple grasping, dual
simultaneous grasping, sitting, standing, pushing, twisting,
climbing stairs, walking, and reaching above shoulders. Ability to
see, write, read, count, identify shade of colors, perceive depth,
and hearing is needed to perform the essential functions of this
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and coordinates projects and activities between various
- Seeks and evaluates information from a variety of sources;
provides specialized reports as requested by the Human Resources
- Partners with employee to assist in evaluating, developing, and
implementing operating policies and procedural improvements to
ensure effectiveness and consistencies to Human Resources policies
- Provides Human Resources strategies on various HR functions
such as but not limited to: Health & Benefits, Employee Relations,
Learning & Development, Municipal/Civil Service, Recruitment,
Payroll, Performance Evaluations, Retirement, Risk Management,
and/or Employee Wellness.
- Researches on ways to enhances Human Resources metrics.
- Prepares and delivers presentations as needed.
- Suggests and implements management solutions to address new or
ongoing issues within department or division.
- May assist in preparing the annual departmental or divisional
- Assists in the performance of special or overtime projects as
assigned by the Human Resources Department.
- Provides assistance to other departments on Human Resources
- Directs implementation/administration on assigned project or
process; sets schedules and monitors task completion for
timeliness, accuracy, and effectiveness; performs quality checks of
program-related data and personnel, prepares and reviews reports to
monitor and communicate performance results.
- Communicates section/division, project, and program information
to Human Resources management and others; and represents the
department at a variety of meetings, events, and on committees
regarding services, programs, plans, and projects.
- Serves as a liaison and advisor within department and between
the Department HR and other City departments, agencies, and other
external organizations by providing guidance on, and interpretation
of, applicable systems, policies, procedures, strategies, process
workflows, and regulations; and monitors compliance with policies,
regulations, laws, and program objectives.
- Assists in maintaining good communication between staff,
visitors, and other business contacts.
- Must follow all rules of telephone courtesy in all telephone
- Will be required to drive a City vehicle for City business
- Performs other related work as required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited* college or university in
Business Administration or related field.
At least four (4) years of experience in human resources,
business, finance, management or related field.
- Council of Higher Education Accreditation (C.H.E.A.)
Valid Licenses and Certifications
Valid Texas Driver License*
- If applicant holds an out-of-state license, a State of Texas
Driver License must be obtained prior to employment.
As part of the minimum requirements for all positions with the
City of Laredo, a thorough background check and certified school
transcripts will be required from all applicants who are offered
Effective February 24, 1997, all selected applicants are
required to undergo a drug and alcohol test prior to
Effective January 7, 2008, all persons in safety-sensitive
functions/positions, as per City of Laredo Drug and Alcohol Policy
definition, shall be subject to random drug and alcohol
A person with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation
related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human
Resources Department at (956) 791-7482 two days prior to the
scheduled interview and/or test if applicable.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, THE CITY
COMPLIES WITH THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT.
Keywords: City of Laredo, TX, Laredo , Human Resources Project Manager, (B212010-1), R39, Personnel, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!