As a cashier at Walmart, you are more than just an 'item
scanner'. You play a major role in how our customers feel when they
leave the store. You might be the first, last, and sometimes only
associate that customers interact with. That's why it's so
important to smile, greet, and thank each and every customer.
The pace can be intense, especially in the evenings, on
weekends, and during a holiday season. There are times when you
have to juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while
helping customers: scan items, explain a price, bag items properly,
count cash back, and keep your area clean--you get the idea!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Smile, greet, and thank customers with a positive attitude
- Stand for long periods of time while checking out customers
quickly and accurately
- Keep your area clean and presentable
- Answer customer questions and help them with their needs
- Be available to assist associates across the store as
Cart and Janitorial
- Ensure customers have a great first and last impression
- Gather carts from the parking lot
- Operate equipment to move carts from the parking lot to inside
- Clean restrooms, salesfloor, and parking lot as needed
- Have a positive attitude in all weather conditions.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs