Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the general supervision of a supervisor, the phlebotomist
assumes the responsibility for safely performing venipunctures and
related procedures under the philosophy, policies, and procedures
established by hospital and lab department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully performs venipucture on patients from neonates to
- Completes phlebotomy in a timely manner.
- Required to read/review physicians orders prior to performing
- Follows hospital and departmental procedures regarding patients
care, infection control, and National Patient Safety Goals (double
- Performs sweat chlorides.
- Documents any orders needing clarification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy certificate preferred.
- BLS is required.
- Knowledge of the various types of needles, anticoagulant,
special handling, and preparation of test that are to be
- On the job training or vocational school training
- Requires the ability to read and write to follow written and
- Excellent people skills and communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments
and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient
and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Laredo , Phlebotomist, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!