Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and
innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced,
high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one
of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee and Big Bite. "Brain Freeze"
is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee and
with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or
food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has
been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to
invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple
ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to
better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience
in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want
talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people
like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View
Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can
Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide
the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
About This Opportunity
The Area Leader is responsible for directly driving sales and
profits for a multi-unit area of store locations. Oversees and
ensures that the overall condition of all stores comply with
company standards including but not limited to cleanliness, food
services, store and food sanitation, customer service and
merchandising - thereby maximizing store profitability, expense
control, inventory levels and shortage control - assures every
experience is fast, friendly and delicious. The Area Leader fosters
a coaching environment where team members want to excel and are
recognized for their achievements.
- Drives sales and profits for a large scope of high volume,
- Coaches/develops General Managers on establishing plans to help
them achieve goals
- Conducts regular store visits in accordance with Playbook to
ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ensures that all labor management tools are effectively
implemented and that labor targets are achieved. Ensures that
allocated store staffing hours are properly scheduled to provide
the best level of customer service
- Conducts, attends, and actively participates in monthly
regional meetings as per the Playbook
- Engages with merchandising team to suggest ways to increase
sales, expand markets, and promote business
- Plans and implements marketing campaigns and sales promotions,
and oversees merchandise displays to meet all operational
- Monitors all store activities to ensure that customers receive
exceptional customer service
- Builds strong, sales focused teams through recruiting, hiring,
training and coaching to develop top performing team members
- Coaches and supervises team members in all store
- Coaches and assists team members on how to handle difficult and
complicated situations, including employee disciplinary action
- Ensures all human resources policies and procedures are timely
and accurately administered, including performance reviews,
compensation transactions, new-hires, terminations, leaves,
employee relations, safety and legal compliance matters
- Encourages and champions multi-unit store locations in
providing friendly customer service in greeting and assisting
customers, and responding to customer inquiries and concerns
- Serves customers by maintaining our philosophy, supported by a
value proposition that every experience will be fast, friendly and
- Maintains 100% in-stock operational excellence on top selling
- Ensures store operations are current on product offerings and
- Follows company dress code standards as applicable to Area
- Performs any other duties as needed for effective and efficient
operations of assigned store locations
- Ensures work attendance in compliance with Company
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED required, bachelor's degree
preferred. 3 - 5 years of management experience required. Must be
authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and Skills
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint). Ability to read, review, and interpret financial
statements and other reports and documents to affect change.
Demonstrated skills in leadership and customer service.
Demonstrated ability to develop and promote team members. Excellent
oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are
required. Proficient accounting skills. Ability to exercise sound
judgment and work with minimum supervision. Knowledge of
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
regularly required to stand, sit and walk. The employee is
occasionally required to climb or balance on a ladder and/or stool,
kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to
50 pounds; push or pull up to 128 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions. Essential
functions are job duties that an employee must be able to perform
with or without reasonable accommodation. All of the
responsibilities listed above are considered essential job
functions to this position.
What's In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages
and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Vacation pay
- Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Company vehicle
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more
7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Remote Position - Cannot be Performed in Colorado