Company: General Services Admin
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As an Equipment Specialist, you will serve as a technical
authority in the development, application, and interpretation of
HVAC systems and equipment inspection and program evaluations.
Location of position: Public Buildings Service, Facilities
Management Division, Laredo,TX.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies
may be filled as needed.
Learn more about this agency
- Develops and performs assigned projects to improve and validate
existing HVAC systems; review, comment, and make recommendations
involving mechanical drawings specifically dealing with HVAC
- Prepares and/or reviews workload documentation in conformance
with the current guidelines in order to establish a basis for
determining funding and/or staffing levels for GSA-owned or
operated facilities throughout the region.
- Serves as the regional technical authority on HVAC systems by
inspecting and troubleshooting installed HVAC systems and chiller
systems in Federal facilities, recommending specific repairs,
modifications, and/or replacements as required.
- Prepares and analyzes cost and work measurement reports for
building and building envelope systems and/or equipment. Prepares
contract specifications for operation and maintenance, full
maintenance, or commercial facility management type contracts.
Makes recommendations for program funding with customer service
center operations in all Government-owned and leased buildings
relative to all types of building and building envelope
- Prepares inspection reports for the purpose of identifying and
recommending solutions to problems involving Building Mechanical
Systems, lack of personnel, materials, poor workmanship, conditions
in needs of repair, additional training requirements, and various
other related concerns.
Occasional travel - Travel as needed.
1670 Equipment Services
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing
- Register with Selective Service if you are a male born after
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if
you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A,
Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you
are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland
Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be
resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service
program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply
and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-12 salary range starts at $79,446 per year. If you are a
new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at
the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized
experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher in the Federal
service. Specialized experience is experience preparing and
analyzing cost and work measurement reports for building and
building envelope systems and/or equipment; preparing contract
specifications for operation and maintenance, full maintenance, or
commercial facility management type contracts, as well as estimates
and/or costs based on current labor rates/material costs; and
monitoring personnel requirements with regard to workload and
Keywords: General Services Admin, Laredo , Equipment Specialist, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!