Company: Little John Transportation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a Landstar agency, a multi-billion-dollar leader in the
logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and
state-of-the-art technology have propelled us to a "giant" in the
logistics industry. Motivated employees help to arrange hundreds of
truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the
company's winning principles integrity, honesty, and teamwork gives
us the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its
employees, customers, and carriers, and makes this a company people
are proud to be associated with!
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Support agent growth by facilitating international support in
processing loads safely, expediently, legally, and in compliance
over the ports of entry.The Dispatcher is primarily responsible for
tracking and tracing shipments and requesting and providing POD's.
The position also serves as sales support to our sales team and
ensures proper follow up with our customers.
The position will perform supply chain functions as needed for
the international processing of loads by providing status updates
of loads as well as push loads through the intricate steps of the
Mexico movement and on to the destination in the US.
- Maintain relationships with carrier customer service
departments to gain timely movement of Landstar loads.
- Manage cross border business, coordinate pickups and
deliveries, provide tracking information, updates, and provide
POD's and submit all billing requirements.
- Support Mexico Operations and Sales in maintaining responsible,
consistent growth by providing reports and data needed for
conference calls and meetings needed for agent success and
- Provide rates to customers for quoting new business.
- Manage and dispatch drivers for a timely delivery.
If you have an unbelievable work ethic (we're talking the top
10% of anyone you know), the drive for financial freedom, and great
customer service, then this might be the right career for you.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Quarterly production bonus program available, in addition to
the base and commission pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage available
- 401(k) plan
- Up to 3 weeks paid time off and holiday pay
- Paid training program
- Commission opportunities
- The Downside - your friends will expect you to pick up the
- A career path like no other.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- A minimum of one-year transportation and dispatching experience
in the transportation industry is required.
- Prior sales experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of logistics experience is
POSITION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and
methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration,
sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel,
Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in AS400.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal
- The ability to persuade others to
buy products or to otherwise change their minds or
- The ability to resolve customer
complaints or problems.
- The ability to listen to and
understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- The ability to be dependable,
adaptable, and flexible when dealing with people.
- The ability to pay attention to
small details in a high-stress environment.
- The ability to identify and
understand the speech of another person.
- The ability to adjust one's
actions in relation to others' actions.
- The ability to understand written
sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
Keywords: Little John Transportation, Laredo , Freight Broker, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!