Store Team Member
Company: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you
will be required to also create a candidate home account with
Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate
contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have
included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace
environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier
for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. Our Store Team
Members are an essential part of customer service in any Academy
store. He/she is responsible for ensuring a fast, friendly customer
service, to be able to navigate the abundance of choices Academy
has to offer, in addition to impacting customer satisfaction, store
profitability, and Academy's Mission.
The application process will require completion of a video
introduction through the HireVue Digital Assessment that will allow
you to share more than what is presented on your resume or
application. We want to give you the opportunity to express your
passion for sports and outdoors, and helping our customers. Follow
these steps to complete your application:
Complete online application, you will receive an email from
Academy confirming submission.
- Upon completion of your online application, HireVue will send
you an email with a link and instructions to complete the HireVue
Digital Assessment. Click HERE to opt in to receive the assessment
invite via text message. Message and data rates may apply.
Should your background and experience align with the
qualifications for the position, you may be contacted by a member
of store leadership.
Click the link(s) below to see each individual positions full
Sales Team Member Positions:
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- Sales Team Member Apparel
- Sales Team Member Fishing and Hunting
- Sales Team Member Footwear
- Sales Team Member Sports
- Store Cashier
- Asset Protection Team Member
- Inventory Control Team Member
- Merchandising Team Member
- Receiving Team Member
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates or Bachelor's in Criminal Justice preferred (Asset
Protection Team Member Only)
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred.
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational
excellence and expected sales targets. (Cashier Only)
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies,
interests and skill sets; fishing and hunting experience preferred.
(Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- CPR and First Responder certification is a plus. (Asset
Protection Team Member Only)
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus.
(Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers
that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge
of sports and outdoor pursuits; bilingual a plus.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational
skills and detail orientation.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules,
operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply
common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written,
oral or diagram form.
- Operate and coach others on the use of POS equipment, symbol
and telephone (Cashier Only)
- Writes routine reports and correspondence (Cashier Only)
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing
systems. (Cashier Only)
- Passionate and well-versed in the variety of outdoors hobbies,
interests and skill sets such as fishing, hunting, competitive
shooting, and camping. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and
procession firearms transactions. (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card
(Illinois only). (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team Member Only)
- Proficiently use equipment such as basic hand tools, receiving
and cleaning equipment.
- Provide prompt, friendly customer service to all team members
- Emergency response procedures
- Strong situational awareness and observation skills
- Please see job description for more details.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Ability to work flexible schedules such as nights, weekends,
and holidays based on business needs.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules
governing professional staff behavior
- Frequently required to walk, reach, and talk.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch, push and pull.
- Constantly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 60
- Constantly stand, handle, use fingers to grasp and use
repetitive motions (hands, wrist and fingers).
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus
PLEASE NOTE: As a part of the application process you will be
required to take a HireVue digital video assessment for every
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices
on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
category protected by law.
Keywords: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Inc., Laredo , Store Team Member, Other , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!