Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
CBP Avionics Technician: Laredo, TX
Job Title: CBP Avionics Technician (Electronic Technician)
Location: Laredo, TX
Preferred Airframes: AS350, EC120, 206H
• Performs maintenance on aircraft electrical and electronics
systems, instruments, auto?pilots and Navigation Systems as
• Responsible for overseeing and performing scheduled and
unscheduled aircraft maintenance; inspections and corrosion control
of aircraft components, airframe and powerplant; and maintain
appropriate aircraft records and logs.
• Reports to the Maintenance Manager. Site Supervisor and or the
• Must be customer and safety oriented.
• Troubleshoot all avionics systems, conducting fault isolation
and repair of faulty components.
• Build up and replace faulty wire harness/bundles as
• Test avionics systems periodically as required for
• Install/modify Government furnished Classified Communications
Equipment according to applicable Technical Directives, industry
standards and FAA regulations.
• Produce new and modify existing wiring diagrams according to
applicable technical data/documents and FAA regulations.
• Perform corrosion control inspections on aircraft avionics
components and take corrective actions when necessary.
• Perform quality assurance inspections on avionics equipment
and ensure all avionics test equipment and special tools are
calibrated on schedule and prior to usage.
• Coordinate with the appropriate supply personnel to ensure
that an adequate inventory of electronic and electrical components
• Conduct off-station maintenance when required.
• Effectively communicate with the customer in a courteous,
professional manner and research any reported aircraft
discrepancies through fault isolation to make repairs.
• Wash, clean and maintain the interior and exterior of the
aircraft to company standards.
• Support the Tool and FOD Programs by maintaining a clean work
areas and following procedures.
• Maintain aircraft log books, status reports, historical and
administrative data as required.
• Follow manufacture’s, government, DoD and FAA technical data
required to appropriately maintain CBP aircraft in accordance with
the required regulations and airworthiness standards.
• Operate or maintain Ground Support Equipment, vehicles or
equipment as required.
• May be required to exercise independent judgment and travel or
relocate to other geographical locations including foreign
countries on temporary duty.
• Required to participate in the CBP / PAE programs SMS (Safety
Management System) as noted per contractual agreements.
• Minimum of five (5) years recent experience working full-time
as an Avionics Technician.
• FCC General license (with Radar endorsement) is preferred.
• Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate is
• Thorough working knowledge of both military and general
aviation electrical and electronic systems, and components and
pitot static systems.
• Experience in repair/maintenance/installation of
intercommunications, ADF, LF, VHF, HF, and UHF communications,
navigations systems, instrument landing systems, auto pilots and
associated aircraft lighting systems.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• The mental and visual ability to read, understand and
interpret detailed technical publications and instructions.
• Must have the ability to deal courteously, professionally, and
effectively with the customer.
• Must be able to obtain a passport, visa and Government
security clearances (DHS & DOD). Must be able to travel to support
field operations as required by Management & the customer.
• Must be able to work well with others or independently,
predicated on the scope and depth of operations at specified
• Analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical
and administrative details.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement