Logistics done differently.
Strong leadership and outstanding customer service are at the
heart of our operations at XPO Logistics. As the Manager, Freight
Operations, you will be responsible for the direction and
management of the daily operations of a Service Center, including
supporting customer relationships, overseeing revenue, profit and
cost controls, and ensuring safety, service and quality measures.
On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the
resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and the opportunity to participate in a company
What you'll do on a typical day:
• Manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery
service provided to our customers
• Guide the complete daily operations of the Service Center
• Oversee revenue, profit and cost controls
• Ensure proper staffing, utilization and management of
• Mentor and manage all personnel working at the facility
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
• 4 years of related work experience
• Supervisory or management experience
• Experience in the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry
• Experience with hazardous materials regulations, OSHA and
Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
It'd be great if you also have:
• Bachelor's degree, 4 years of related work experience or
equivalent military experience
• LTL freight management and/or service center/management
• Experience driving a forklift
• Strong interpersonal and management skills; ability to
effectively lead, coach and influence employees
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
present clean, organized and thorough information and data
appropriate for intended audience
This job requires the ability to:
• Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs.
• Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel
• Work outdoors in inclement weather
• Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock
that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.