Director of Human Resources
Location: Eagle Pass
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The Director of Human Resources promotes and implements human
resource principles by planning and managing human resources
programs for the company including staffing, compensation,
recruitment, team member retention, team member relations, Human
Resources Information System, workers' compensation, guest service,
and team member training/education. Essential Functions
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Tribal, Federal and other
laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by
properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns
and questions. Develop annual department budget and analysis of
staffing needs. Ensure budget compliance throughout the year.
- Manage, train and lead Human Resource staff to ensure skill
development. Support management by providing human resource advice,
counsel and decisions.
- Direct recruitment and placement activities. Propose programs
to enhance recruitment and retention.
- Develop exempt and non-exempt salary structure to promote
equitable compensation. Develop environment and competitiveness
within the local labor market.
- Provide leadership and guidance for Worker's Compensation.
- Assist in developing training programs targeted for team
members and management. Provide counseling and support to all
personnel to ensure good employee relations.
- Interpret, administer, and communicate personnel policies and
procedures; act as liaison between team members and management on
employment and human resources issues.
- Coordinate and assist in team member investigations.
- Maintain communication and evaluation of open positions for
transfers and promotions.
- Identify departmental staffing needs and requirements for each
position in partnership with the department heads.
- Seek opportunities to streamline the licensing process.
- Coordinate training and development programs on HR knowledge
and skills as related to operational needs including the areas of
hiring, terminations, documentation, evaluations, privacy, FMLA,
workplace safety, harassment, discrimination, workplace violence
and other topics as directed by business needs.
- Audit HR Data for accuracy and compliance.
- Develop and implements human resources strategies and establish
- Manage human resources operations through recruiting,
selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and
disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, appraising, and
reviewing employee job contributions; maintaining compensation;
determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service
strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving
problems; positively implementing change.
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching
human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and
recommendations to the company's strategic thinking and direction;
establishes human resources objectives consistent with
- Support management by providing human resources advice,
counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications to
protect the interest of employees and company with accordance with
applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop human resources operations financial strategies by
estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and
variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans;
measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions;
minimizing the impact of variances.
- Investigate, resolve, or bring to higher management for
resolution, all team member grievances not resolved by line
- Guide team members and management by researching, developing,
writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and
- Effectively communicate and enforce company values.
- Maintain job knowledge by participating in conferences and
educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
maintaining personal networks; participating in professional
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information
entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting
requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction
Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies.
Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive
list but rather a general representation of the duties and
responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and
responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational
needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Reports ToGeneral
ManagerRequirementsGAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERREDMinimum
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree.
- Must have at least five (5) years related HR managerial
experience in a high volume complex casino or tribal
- Must have SHRM certification or an acceptable equivalent.
- Experience in social media recruiting.
- Strong knowledge of employment and labor law, costing
principles and budgeting recruiting, employee relations and
- Proven strategic plan development and policy/procedure writing
- Proven financial management/budget experience required.
- Ability to lead, implement, and maintain HR programs and
- Strong organizational and leadership qualities, interpersonal
skills and dedicated commitment to excellence.
- Excellent analysis and problem resolution skills are
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral.
Spanish or other language skills a plus.
- Must have a stable employment history.
- Previous experience as the Director of Human Resources in a
tribal casino preferred.Other CriteriaQualified Kickapoo
Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and qualified Native American
preference is observed.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Laredo , Director of Human Resources, Human Resources , Eagle Pass, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!