Aerie - Merch Lead - United States
Company: American Eagle Outfitters
Posted on: April 19, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Merchandising Lead is responsible for
positively impacting the customer's experience by supporting the
Merchandising DOR in implementing floorsets and Company directed
marketing and merchandising updates. The Merchandising Lead assists
store leadership in all aspects of replenishment including Fill the
Floor, power opens, power closes, and adjustments. The
Merchandising Lead is expected to role model AEO values and AEO
Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order
to create a positive Customer First experience. POSITION TITLE:
Merchandising Lead REPORTS TO: Store Management Team STATUS: Full
Time or Part Time SUPERVISES: n/a RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide training and coaching to floorset team on floorset
process which will include preparing merchandise for upper
displays, bustforms, wall bays, wardrobers, and tables.
- Communicate clear priorities and productivity goals for
floorset team and hold self and team accountable for achieving
- Provide store management with productivity updates; proactively
identify and communicate Associate performance issues.
- Oversee and executes floorsets and company directed marketing
and merchandising updates.
- Lead efficient and effective day to day store merchandising by
ensuring that the store team understands and maintains AEO brand
standards and sell through adjustments are held true to the
- Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of
replenishment are properly executed Fill the Floor, power closes,
power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Perform "level-sets" and make sure that store is replenished by
pushing all goods to the floor.
- Recognize and communicate merchandising opportunities to store
management in a timely manner; partner with Store Manager and/or
Merchandising DOR to develop and execute action plans for
- Champion internal recognition and company contests.
- Hold self and the merchandise team accountable for maintaining
a customer focused environment when operating during business
- Be aware of and adhere to all Loss Prevention policies and
advises management of any unusual internal or external
- Communicate all employee accidents/injuries to store leadership
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain authority to secure the store at closing
- Will not be responsible for the processing of nightly deposits
and media. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age in order to meet after hours
- Minimum 1 year retail experience preferred; team leader
experience preferred but not required.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Available to work a flexible schedule to include early
mornings, late evenings, holidays, weekends. Overnight shifts will
also be required.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well
within in a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced
and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong retail merchandising and visual skills preferred
- Ability to stand and move for extended periods of time with
only short rest periods; bend, stretch, and carry visual props and
- Ability to perform all essential job functions.
- Proficient with technology. AEO is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and
local equal employment opportunity ("EEO")laws. AEO prohibits
discrimination against associates and applicants for employment
because of the individual's race or color, religion or creed,
alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national
origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or
stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic
characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO
activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring,
compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance
evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable
accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with
Keywords: American Eagle Outfitters, Laredo , Aerie - Merch Lead - United States, Hospitality & Tourism , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!