Chef/ Concession Quality Lead
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Chef/ Concession Quality Lead page is loaded Chef/ Concession
Quality Lead Apply locations Laredo, TX time type Full time posted
on Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id R10014444 Job Title:
Chef/Concession Quality Lead Department: Food and Beverage
DepartmentReports To: Food and Beverage ManagerFLSA Status:
Salaried ExemptEmployment TypeFull-timeJob DescriptionSummaryThis
position requires advanced knowledge in all cooking techniques with
experience in catering cooking and concession cooking. Will be
expected to work alongside and direct culinary staff of two or more
in a full-service kitchen and concession stands.Essential Duties
and ResponsibilitiesInclude the following. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned.
- Responsible for -the production of menu items, maintaining
adequate par levels and making sure kitchen staff has the food
product and supplies need for each event.
- Ordering, receiving, and preparing food and beverage items
Maintaining food costs and budget goals
- Must be creative and consistent in food presentations.
- Responsible for scheduling and supervising cooks for all
aspects of kitchen production and kitchen sanitation.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe kitchen during
their entire shift.
- Responsible for communication between the A.M. and P.M. shifts
especially when dealing with items that require long cooking times
and planning for upcoming events.
- Follow and make sure all staff members on their shift follow
all Texas State Department of Health laws and that all H.A.C.C.P.
regulations for cooling and storage are being followed throughout
the entire kitchen.
- Records production and waste on a regular and consistent
- Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation standards
and inventory and control systems.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to interact effectively
with guests, managers and coworkers.
- Make sure daily, weekly and monthly cleaning lists are
- Maintains high standards for work areas and
appearanceSupervisory ResponsibilitiesResponsible for supervising
the Cooks in all aspects of catering/concession production and
kitchen sanitation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with ASM/Savor... policies and applicable
laws.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalen (i.e. GED)
- At least (3) years leadership experience in a
catering/concession facility preparing meals for a large volume of
- Minimum of one (2) year direct experience cooking food
- Strong Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Must be flexible, have a sense of urgency, be able to respond
quickly and resourcefully to internal and external
issuesCertificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ABLE commission alcohol beverage permit within 30 days
- Serve Safe Certification permit within 30 daysKnowledge, Skills
- Basic supervisory skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work with other
staff members throughout the facility.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, time
management and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.Physical
- Constant standing, frequent walking
- Frequent stooping and bending
- Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 10-20 lbs;
occasionally lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 20-40 lbs;
rarely lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 80-90 lbs (with
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.' to the waist.
- Manual dexterity required to work with items such as food,
utensils, etc.Working Environment
- Fast paced and quick turn around cooking. Works mostly in
kitchen assigned to them.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events
- May be exposed to vibrations caused by extreme noise during
- May be exposed to strobe lights / lasers during events
- May be exposed to extreme heat or cold environments
- Exposure to commercial culinary equipment including knives,
slicers, etc.COVID-19 DISCLAIMERThis position within ASM is in a
high traffic environment. This assignment is in an environment
which is at high risk for Covid-19 transmission, and is subject to
change as Covid-19 prevention standards evolve.NOTE: -The essential
responsibilities of this position are described under the headings
above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee occupying this position.Human Resources Designee:
Daisy OlivasSames Auto ArenaLaredo, TX 78041All applicants must
apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable
accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human
Resources Office at (956)791-9192ASM Global is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women,
Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans
to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. About Us Our Work Experience
is the combination of everything that's unique about us: our
culture, our core values, our company meetings, our commitment to
sustainability, our recognition programs, but most importantly,
it's our people. -Our employees are self-disciplined, hard working,
curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make choices
according to what is best for the team, they live for opportunities
to collaborate and make a difference, and they make us the #1 Top
Workplace in the area.
Keywords: Asmglobal, Laredo , Chef/ Concession Quality Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!