F&B Azul Cook
Company: Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
Location: Eagle Pass
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Under the direction of the Head Cook, the Cook performs a variety
of tasks and duties which include preparing, seasoning and cooking,
while conforming to food safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Tribal, Federal and other
laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by
properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food
items in a timely manner using standardized recipes and methods of
- Prepare food items on a consistent basis with little to no
variation in terms of appearance and taste.
- Ensure consistent use of approved recipes, practice portion
control and strive to control or minimize waste.
- Control food production to include proper cooking methods,
proper cooking times and temperatures and ensure sanitation
practices are followed closely.
- Ensure proper food storage and food preparation times.
- Properly label and date all food items placed in refrigeration
coolers and rotate items appropriately.
- Organize, maintain and clean refrigerated and dry storage
- Maintain a sanitized and organized work station free of debris
at all times during shift.
- Clean workstations immediately following food preparation.
- Understand food costs and perform job responsibilities in a
manner that minimizes waste and improved financial
- Maintain meat, poultry, sea-food, frozen and perishable goods
at required cooking, defrosting and holding temperatures.
- Maintain up to date with safe cooking and holding temperatures
according to food safety standards.
- Understand and follow common culinary terms and methods
regarding broiling, braising, roasting, poaching, sauce preparation
and meat carving; among other methods.
- Plan and organize the work day and ensure daily goals are
- Maintain responsibility for kitchen safety and sanitation; as
well as care of kitchen equipment.
- Operate a broad range of kitchen equipment including but not
limited to; stoves, cook tops, broilers, deep fryers, hand tools,
microwaves, blenders, cutters, processors and knives.
- Report any injuries immediately and practice proper hand
washing and sanitation guidelines.
- Prepare food for special events and caters for meetings when
- Taste check and sample prepared food items to ensure
- Demonstrate and promote KLECH core values and MAD skills.
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information
entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting
requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction
Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies.
Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive
list but rather a general representation of the duties and
responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and
responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational
needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Qualifications:
- Six (6) months experience as a cook preferred.
- Professional training through culinary education,
- Must be able and willing to follow established recipes.
- Communication skills in English both written and oral,
preferred. Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Qualified Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and qualified
Native American preference is observed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the General
Manager, Directors, Managers and all staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to have strong critical thinking, analytical and guest
- Must possess a positive attitude with strong organizational and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and
with co-workers of all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate
leadership and team building skills with empathy and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow and comply with established Casino guest
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member
is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, climb and
bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and
listen on a regular basis.
- The team member must be able to concentrate for prolonged
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth
- The team member must be able to communicate effectively in
person or using telecommunications equipment.
- The team member must have the hand-eye coordination and manual
dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Back of the house, casino floor and normal office setting.
- Frequent walking and standing in a smoke filled environment and
frequent contact with the general public.
- Temperature controlled environment with varying noise levels.
May be exposed to high levels of noise throughout the day.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including
nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and work long hours
under stressful conditions.
- May be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve
issues with difficult guests and extremely irate staff
- May be exposed to various types of lighting including, but not
limited to: artificial fluorescent lights, flashing lights, strobe
lights, multiple colored lights, etc.
- Travel may be required to perform one or more essential
functions of this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and retain a KTTT Gaming Commission
License, including successful completion of background check
necessary to obtain and maintain license. Responsible to keep all
documents current and valid at all times.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and
- Must comply with KLEC handbook, internal policy and procedures,
and gaming regulations set within KLEC.
Keywords: Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino, Laredo , F&B Azul Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Eagle Pass, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!