RN Charge Labor and Delivery AM - FT - Labor and Delivery
Company: Laredo Medical Center
Posted on: February 12, 2024
RN Charge Labor and Delivery AM - FT
* 25,000 sign on bonus to eligible RNs*
* Sign On Bonus! $25,000 dollars
* Virtual Interviews-
Join our team! Laredo Medical Center's (LMC) is now hiring a
full-time RN Charge to work in our fast paced L&D department at
LMC's 326 bed acute care hospital. The department is a secure, 15
LDR unit with 2 OR's and 3 recovery rooms along with 4 triage rooms
in the main campus of Laredo Medical Center. The Hospital is
located in sunny Laredo, Texas, just 150 miles south of historic
San Antonio. Read a full position description below.
Plans, directs, and evaluates the overall nursing care and
functions in a particular nursing unit or during an assigned shift.
Coordinates the activities of the unit and directs, organizes, and
assigns work. Assesses, monitors, and educates on patient care.
Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
* Assesses, plans, implements, and supervises patient care on a
nursing unit in response to individual patient's physical, social,
emotional and spiritual needs, according to physician orders and
LMC policy and procedures.
* Responsible for supervising, assigning, and directing all
subordinate personnel during assigned shift.
* Prepares required documentation and maintains appropriate
internal records on patient care.
* Ensures the LMC values are reflected in all aspects of the
* Giving overall unit report. Making assignments for next shift,
taking into account experience/skill level.
* Ability to accommodate according to census and acuity.
* Ensure unit based quality controls are done.
* Working close with the Director and Clinical Coordinator on
Quality Improvement projects for the unit.
* Charge Nurse will reassign patients as needed thru the entire
shift. Ability to manage family complaints/concerns and have
effective conflict resolution skills with staff, patient/family and
* Able to maintain knowledge of all equipment and procedures in
L&D. Demonstrate leadership skills and act as a resource person
on the unit.
* Delegates tasks appropriately and demonstrates prioritization and
* Assures that all core measures are meaningful and in
* Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents
nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and
procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers
medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals
and teaching patients and families to understand conditions,
medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Reports to the Director of Women's Services.
* Required: Graduate of an accredited school of professional
nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered
* Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
* Required: For designation as a charge R.N., a minimum of six (6)
months previous relevant clinical nursing experience.
* Previous supervisory experience * At least 3-5 years of clinical
experience* Specialty certification recognized by the American
nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in the applicable area of
* Required: Licensed as an R.N. by the Texas State Board of
Registered Nurse Examiners.
* Required: CPR required within 30 days from hire and
* Required: ACLS required within 6 months of hired for Med/Surg and
Keywords: Laredo Medical Center, Laredo , RN Charge Labor and Delivery AM - FT - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!