RN Charge 2D Med Surg - PM FT - Med Surg
Company: Laredo Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
RN Charge 2D Med Surg - PM FTJob Description
* 25,000 sign on bonus to eligible RNs*
Sign On Bonus! $25,000.00
NEW INCREASED PAY RATES
* - Virtual Interviews
Join our team! Laredo Medical Center's 2D Med Surg Unit provides 30
private patient rooms for specialized care for treating complex
medical and surgical patients. Each RN reports directly to the
unit's Director, while also having on-shift leadership enhanced by
LMC's Charge RNs and/or Clinical Coordinators. Additional patient
support is provided in each shift by Patient Care Techs, or Nurse
Aids. Relocation and Sign-on Bonuses are available for qualified
candidates. Skype or other Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) are
available for out-of-town applicants. Read the full position
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
Assesses, plans, implements, and supervises patient care on a
nursing unit in response to individual patient's physical, social,
emotional and spiritual needs, according to physician orders and
LMC policy and procedures. Responsible for supervising, assigning,
and directing all subordinate personnel during assigned shift.
Prepares required documentation and maintains appropriate internal
records on patient care. Ensures the LMC values are reflected in
all aspects of the department's operation. The RN Charge reports to
the Unit Director. Responsible for supervising and giving work
direction to other unit personnel.
Applicant's Job Requirements Include:
* Required: Associate's degree and is certified as a registered
nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field. Desired Qualifications: Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing
* Required: For designation as a charge R.N., a minimum of six
months previous relevant clinical nursing experience.
* Previous supervisory experience * two or more years' experience
in desired specialty * Specialty certification recognized by the
American nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in the applicable area
* Required: Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN
* Required: Licensed as a R.N. by the Texas State Board of
Registered Nurse Examiners.
* Required: ACLS, PALS, or NRP (or obtained within six months of
employment) in required specialty. May be obtained within six
months of hire cost-free at the Hospital.
* Required: BLS (or obtained during orientation).
* Preferred: One (1) year full time or three (3) years part time
experience in acute care setting.
* Letter of Recommendation are preferred for applicants with less
than 1 year of applicable experience in nursing.
* Handle with Care (or obtained within six months of employment) in
* Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required
by the facility.
* *Sign-on Bonuses Available for qualified candidates*
Keywords: Laredo Medical Center, Laredo , RN Charge 2D Med Surg - PM FT - Med Surg, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!