Registered Nurse (RN) - Urgent Care
Company: GEO Group Inc
Location: Eagle Pass
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN)Job Description
Facility: EAGLE PASS DETENTION FACILITY
Bonus (if applicable): $500.00 - After 90 days $500.00 - after six
H&W: 4.23 This position is eligible to receive a Health &
Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per
week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Shift: Various Available, Weekends
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
* Paid time off ------------------------ Paid
* 401(k) matching ------------------ Health Insurance
------------------------ Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance --------------- --- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account
* Health savings account ------ --- Tuition Reimbursement
--------------- Reduced tuition rates
* Employee discount --------------- Employee assistance
program------ Pet insurance
* Disability Insurance --------- --- Paid training
------------------------------ Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only
those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll
receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the
industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous
government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified
correctional and community reentry services. From the development
of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is
about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a
great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of
employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With
comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you
will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Initiates and provides comprehensive nursing care in a correctional
setting while observing and maintaining the requirements of
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as
required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system,
if permitted by the client. Medical problems are referred to the
physician for extended evaluation.
* Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and minor
surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with problems within
professional capabilities and refers other medical problems to the
* Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that
prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the
formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in
* Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress
notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on
periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
* Maintains security while administering medications and is
continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and
trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in
the security aspects of care.
* Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
* Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as
* Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for
* Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality
of medical records.
* Coordinates Chronic Disease Clinic scheduling.
* Supervises the work flow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
staff. Provides input into performance evaluation.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree from a NLN (National League of
Nurses) approved program; graduate of an accredited school of
nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to
practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located.
Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all
* Two (2) years of direct work experience as a Registered Nurse
* Must possess competence in the performance of the following
services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical
assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
* Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate
supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide
appropriate follow through treatment.
* Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Group Inc, Laredo , Registered Nurse (RN) - Urgent Care, Healthcare , Eagle Pass, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!