RN Charge Surgery - FT - OR - Operating Room
Company: Laredo Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
RN Charge Surgery - FTJob Description
* 25,000 sign on bonus to eligible RNs*
Sign On Bonus! $25,000.00
Relocation Assistance Available
NEW INCREASED PAY RATES
Join our team! Laredo Medical Center's (LMC) Surgery Department is
now hiring a full-time RN Charge to work in our thriving department
at LMC's 326 bed acute care hospital. The department is a secure
department with 8 fully operational OR rooms in the main campus of
Laredo Medical Center. This is a busy unit that does an average of
25-35 surgeries per day. We offer full time hours as well as call
time and pay. The Hospital is located in sunny Laredo, Texas, just
150 miles south of historic San Antonio. Sign-on and relocation
bonuses are available for eligible applicants!
Plans, directs, and evaluates the overall nursing care and
functions in a particular nursing unit or during an assigned shift.
Coordinates the activities of the unit and directs, organizes, and
assigns work. Assesses, monitors, and educates on patient care.
Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
* Assesses, plans, implements, and supervises patient care on a
nursing unit in response to individual patient's physical, social,
emotional and spiritual needs, according to physician orders and
LMC policy and procedures.
* Responsible for supervising, assigning, and directing all
subordinate personnel during assigned shift.
* Prepares required documentation and maintains appropriate
internal records on patient care.
* Ensures the LMC values are reflected in all aspects of the
* Giving overall unit report. Making assignments for next shift,
taking into account experience/skill level.
* Ability to accommodate according to census and acuity.
* Ensure unit based quality controls are done.
* Working close with the Director and Clinical Coordinator on
Quality Improvement projects for the unit.
* Charge Nurse will reassign patients as needed thru the entire
shift. Ability to manage family complaints/concerns and have
effective conflict resolution skills with staff, patient/family and
* Able to maintain knowledge of all equipment and procedures in
Surgery. Demonstrate leadership skills and act as a resource person
on the unit.
* Delegates tasks appropriately and demonstrates prioritization and
* Assures that all core measures are meaningful and in
* Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents
nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and
procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers
medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals
and teaching patients and families to understand conditions,
medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Reports to the Director of Surgical Services.
Applicant's Job Requirements Include:
* Required: Gradate of an accredited school of professional nursing
with license in good standing to practice as a Registered
* Required: Minimum of six (6) months previous relevant clinical
* Required: CPR within 30 days of hire.
* Required: PALS and ACLS. Some may be completed within first 90
days of hire cost-free at the Hospital.
* Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Nursing; previous supervisory
experience; two (2) or more years experience in desired specialty;
Specialty certification recognized by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC) in the applicable area of practice.
* Preferred: PACU experience as an RN, LPN or Nurse Tech.
* Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required
by the facility.
* *Sign-on and relocation available for eligible candidates*
Keywords: Laredo Medical Center, Laredo , RN Charge Surgery - FT - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!