RN MedSurg Charge-Nights - Med Surg
Company: Laredo Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
RN MedSurg Charge-NightsJob Description
Apply now to make a difference in the community, join our team
Sign On Bonus! $25,000.00
NEW INCREASED PAY RATES-
Join our team! Laredo Medical Center's 3C Med Surg Unit provides 38
private patient rooms for specialized care for treating complex
medical and surgical patients. Each Charge RN reports directly to
the unit's Director. Additional patient support is provided in each
shift by Patient Care Techs, or Nurse Aids. Relocation and Sign-on
Bonuses are available for qualified candidates. Skype or other
Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) are available for out-of-town
Plans, directs, and evaluates the overall nursing care and
functions in a particular nursing unit or during an assigned shift.
Coordinates the activities of the unit and directs, organizes, and
assigns work. Assesses, monitors, and educates on patient care.
Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
Assesses, plans, implements, and supervises patient care on a
nursing unit in response to individual patient's physical, social,
emotional and spiritual needs, according to physician orders and
LMC policy and procedures. Responsible for supervising, assigning,
and directing all subordinate personnel during assigned shift.
Prepares required documentation and maintains appropriate internal
records on patient care. Ensures the LMC values are reflected in
all aspects of the department's operation. The RN Charge reports to
the Unit Director. Responsible for supervising and giving work
direction to other unit personnel.
* Required: Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN
* Required: Licensed as a R.N. by the Texas State Board of
Registered Nurse Examiners.
* Required: ACLS, PALS, or NRP (or obtained within six months of
employment) in required specialty. May be obtained within six
months of hire cost-free at the Hospital.
* Required: BLS (or obtained during orientation).
* Preferred: One (1) year full time or three (3) years part time
experience in acute care setting.
* Letter of Recommendation are preferred for applicants with less
than 1 year of applicable experience in nursing.
* Handle with Care (or obtained within six months of employment) in
* Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required
by the facility.
* *Sign-on Bonuses Available for qualified candidates*
* For designation as a charge R.N.,a minimum of six months previous
relevant clinical nursing experience.
* Previous supervisory experience * two or more years' experience
in desired specialty * Specialty certification recognized by the
American nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in the applicable area
Keywords: Laredo Medical Center, Laredo , RN MedSurg Charge-Nights - Med Surg, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!