Traveling Registered Nurse (RN) (12117) - Med Surg
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Traveling Registered Nurse (RN) (12117)InGenesis is seeking a
Traveling Registered Nurse (RN) to work on a minimum 13-week
assignment for our client. In this role, you will provide nursing
care under the direction of the Director of Nursing (DON) and Chief
Medical Officer (CMO), related to supporting the unique needs of
the Unaccompanied Children (UC) population, following state
licensing requirements and Nurse Practice Act. Support UC health
and wellness including immunizations, family planning, reproductive
health, and all activities relating to the unification of UC with
an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) vetted sponsor.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and
we'll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
This position requires the availability to work either day or night
* Performs nursing assessments on the UC population as they arrive
at the facility, in isolation areas, and in the medical clinic,
following established nursing guidelines and protocols.
* Performs waived testing as prescribed by CMO, in accordance with
nursing standing operating procedures (SOP).
* Administers vaccinations and medications in accordance with
standing orders or medical orders written by clinic medical staff,
following nursing SOP.
* Assists DON and Deputy DON with nurse orientation of Licensed
Vocational Nurses (LVN) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), to
include cultural competence training and child welfare best
* Assists with clinic staffing and scheduling as needed.
* Participates in all patient care safety/incident reporting
related to nursing practice and corrective action
* Adheres to program reporting guidelines.
* Collaborates with other senior leaders to build a culture of
safety, healthcare equality, and evidence-based practice.
* May serve as the charge nurse for rotating shifts, as needed.
* Functions as direct supervisor to nursing staff, as assigned.
* Participates in scheduled meetings.
* Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
* Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
* Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing, with at least 5 years of experience
working in primary care, pediatrics, or other ambulatory care
* Charge nurse or other nursing supervisory experience is
* Current and unrestricted RN license in the state of Texas or a
compact nursing license.
* Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
* Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog
may be necessary to provide assistance.
* Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
* Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients
exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting,
dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly
more than self).
* Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of
aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
* Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions
on a case-by-case basis).
* Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
* Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of
* Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve
* Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens
* Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
* Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and
* Pass nursing competency assessments for skills required at
* Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities
of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and
is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in
North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in
positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others.
This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues
who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver
superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of
the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the
healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is
committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special
need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting
our website at
Keywords: InGenesis, Laredo , Traveling Registered Nurse (RN) (12117) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!