RN PACU Outpatient Surgery Azura - Laredo, Texas - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RN PACU Outpatient Surgery Azura - Laredo, TexasPURPOSE AND
SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer
service philosophy.-- Adheres to the FVC/FMCNA Compliance Program,
including following all regulatory and FVC/FMS policy requirements.
Provides direct nursing care pre, during and post procedure, under
the direction of the Facility Manager and/or Charge Registered
Nurse, utilizing standard nursing techniques to assist the
physician in optimum patient outcomes following facility policies
and procedures.-- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting and driving FVC quality standards
through meeting regulatory and accrediting body requirements and
the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use
of FVC/FMS CQI------------ tools.
- Assists with implementation of FVC quality goals and facility
specific action plans in order to achieve FVC quality
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined
by the FVC quality goals, to ensure that FVC/FMC policies and
procedures are followed.
- Responsible for addressing and acting on adverse events and
action thresholds in collaboration with facility management.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FVC
administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity and safety.PATIENT:
- Obtains necessary medical history, discusses procedure and
answers questions, and performs nursing assessment on the day of
- Provides education to patients and patient's family regarding
post procedure care of vascular access.
- Monitors patient condition before, during and after the
procedure, especially patients having moderate sedation and
contrast media injections for possible complications or
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to facility
management, as needed.
- Completes documentation of patient information from admission
to discharge in an accurate manner.
- Confirm written orders, consents and lab work are completed and
documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes
appropriate preparation of lab requisitions; delivery to
appropriate labs; reporting and forwarding of lab results to
- Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiates CPR and emergency measures, as needed.
- Administers medications and IV moderate sedation to patients as
directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with FVC,
company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Acts as scrub technologist to assist the physician during
procedure as needed; maintaining a sterile technique.
- Assists with patient workflow by transporting patients as
- Performs point - of - care laboratory testing as directed per
physician's orders and in compliance with FVC, company, federal,
state and local regulations.
- Performs IV insertion as per physician orders.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician,
practicing in compliance with state
- Provides regular and effective communication with physicians on
an as needed basis.
- Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians,
reporting on assigned topics.
- May assist facility management in working with the physicians
and staff to verify all necessary instruments and equipment.
- Assists the physician in completing and reporting state
required adverse event reports and reporting internally as per
FVC/FMC policy and procedure.MAINTENANCE/TECHNICAL:
- Operates appropriate facility equipment and technology,
including but not limited to, patient monitors, defibrillators,
medical recording devices, sterilizers and computers in a safe and
- Inspects operation of all facility equipment and reports
malfunctions, and maintenance needs to ensure the safe and
effective operation of all vascular access equipment.
- Inspects operation of all facility operating systems, including
temperature checks in appropriate areas and physical structure of
the facility and reports any issues to the Facility Manager.
- Ensures a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the vascular
access facility at all times.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
the FVC/FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control
- Assists with efficient utilization of medication, laboratory,
inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals
following all guidelines established in the FVC/FMS
- May assist in the development and revision of any applicable
policies and procedures related to the facility to ensure
continuous process improvement.
- Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities
including monthly reports and attending meetings as required.
- Assists with maintaining medication supply, including inventory
control, checking for expired medications, and ensuring appropriate
recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Completes usage logs for all medications with appropriate
documentation, as well as, records of drug disposal in accordance
with local, state, and federal law.--
- Assists with maintaining facility supply inventory, including
ordering and restocking of supplies as needed.
- Examines emergency equipment and supplies, including stocking
of the crash cart on a regular basis.
- Completes medical records in an accurate manner in compliance
with FVC policies and procedures prior to discharge of the
patient.-- Perform chart audits on a regular basis.
- May participate in facility regulatory and accreditation
surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies.
- Completes state required records for all implanted devices in
an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with FVC/FMS
records management guidelines.
- Participates in staff meetings, training and orientation as
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient
information and medical records.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
- Other duties as assigned.--PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.-- The
position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy
lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation.--
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.--
- The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.-- The employee may
occasionally be required to move, with assistance, patients and
equipment of up to 200 lbs. There is a two-person assist program
and material assist-- devices for the heavier items.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious, contagious diseases/materials and
radiation.-- May be required to wear protective gear in procedure
rooms for extended periods of time. EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification
required.-------------- EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 4 - 6 years' related experience.
- Ambulatory Surgical Center/Vascular Access, Cardiac Cath Lab,
or a combination of ASC, surgical, Interventional Radiology and
ICU/CCU or emergency department experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as
Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Proficient in IV insertion.
- Proficient in cardiac rhythm recognition.
- Experience with Medical database software.EO/AA Employer:
Identity------ Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Laredo , RN PACU Outpatient Surgery Azura - Laredo, Texas - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!