Inpatient Charge Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Inpatient Charge Registered NurseJob Description Job ID R0027487
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Inpatient Services Charge Nurse is an additional responsibility
assigned to the Inpatient Services RN, for a limited period of
time, and for specific additional duties, as assigned by the
The Inpatient Services Charge Nurse ensures appropriate provision
of Acute Dialysis Services and treatments within assigned
hospitals/facilities by coordinating, scheduling, and directing
Acute Patient Care staff and by performing Acute treatments as
needed or directed by Program manager. Assumes the provision of
quality patient care to all hospitalized patients in the most
efficient manner in accordance with company policy, as well as
regulations set forth by the company, state and federal
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, applies considerable complex knowledge
to perform a broad range of tasks which include but are not limited
to the following:
* Acts as a subject matter expert and resource for staff members on
assigned Inpatient Center treatment floor.
* Normally receives no instruction on routine daily work, and
general instructions on newly introduced assignment, but may
escalate issues to Program Manager for resolution, as deemed
* Coordinate and schedule direct patient care staff to provide
coverage of Acute Dialysis treatments in contracted
hospitals/facilities and ensure efficient patient scheduling and
staff utilization in accordance with the TAP scheduling tool.
* Maintain and review the daily TAP tool for all
hospitals/facilities under their direct supervision and submit
results to the Program Manager for review.
* Ensure all Acute treatments are performed in contracted
hospitals/facilities according to the established policies and
procedures, and in compliance, with all applicable regulatory
requirement. Ensure accurate documentation of information related
to patient treatment is entered into ACES during the time of
* Monitor on a daily basis ACES compliance.
* Perform Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI) Program audits
as directed to ensure the provision of quality patient care and
compliance with all Joint Commission requirements.
* Participate in QAI meetings as requested by the Program Manager
to assure proper reporting of QAI activities
* Assess daily patient care needs and communicate concerns to
attending physician. Implement changes in patient care/treatment as
directed and in collaboration with prescribing physicians.
* Perform Acute treatments according to current Charge Nurse
Guidance recommendations and oversee all dialysis related medical
and emergency functions.
* Communicates with the physician and other members of the
healthcare team to interpret, adjust, triage and complete patient
care plans in the most efficient and safe manner.
* Coordinate with appropriate technical staff to ensure
preventative maintenance program for routine machine maintenance,
to ensure the timely repair of disabled machines, to coordinate
infection control measures, routine water culturing, water testing,
logging of results, transportation of equipment and supplies, and
communicate technical information to the staff.
* Serve as liaison between the administrative staff of each
hospital/facility and the Program Manager.
* Practice cost containment strategies in all areas including
medical supply inventory and personnel.
* Reviews and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
* Assist with various projects as assigned by the Program
* Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these essential functions.
* Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work,
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. (Travel to meetings may be
required). The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. The
position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy
lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. This
position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the
employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally
be required to move with assistance, machines and equipment of up
to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30
lbs. up as high as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and
material assist devices for the heavier items.
Inpatient Services RN's, Inpatient Services PCT's at assigned
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Minimum of 9 months nursing experience; plus 3 months of
specialized experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis
patients in an Acute or Chronic setting required.
* 6 months dialysis experience in an Acute setting preferred
* Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position,
including continuous quality improvement, relationship development,
results orientation, team building, motivating employees,
performance management, and decision making.
* Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in
the supervision of dialysis personnel and to ensure the delivery of
maximum quality care to all patients..
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) interpersonal and
customer service skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Laredo , Inpatient Charge Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!