Company: GEO Group Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Facility: RIO GRANDE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Base: $28.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) in
participating in the implementation and evaluation of the
detainees/inmates health care needs. Provides comprehensive nursing
care while observing and maintaining the requirements of
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Under an RN's direction, develops nursing care plans on
* Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as
required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system.
Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended
* Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and
performing minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with
problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical
problems to the appropriate physician.
* Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that
prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the
formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in
* Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress
notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on
periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
* Maintains security while dispensing medications and is
continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and
trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in
the security aspects of care.
* Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
* Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as
* Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality
of medical records.
* Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for
Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a
current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a
current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
* Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
* Must possess competence in the performance of the following
services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical
assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
* Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate
supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide
appropriate follow through treatment.
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Laredo , LPN, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!