MEDICAL ASSISTANT / C. Demasiado, NP
Company: Laredo Physicians Group
Posted on: January 9, 2022
ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for performing a
wide variety of patient care duties which include assisting in
examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a
physician. Interviewing patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse
rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height),
venipuncture and procedure as directed by the physician within the
scope of practice in the State. Documentation is recorded in the
Electronic Medical Record in accordance with IPM guideline.
Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Assists in
covering the front desk as required.Qualifications
Education:High School Diploma or equivalent requiredMedical
Assistant certificate requiredCurrent BLS/CPR certification
Work experience:Medical Assistant Certificate of Completion and/or
one year experience as a Medical AssistantFamiliarity with medical
terminology requiredExperience with patient check-in and check-out
process (according to clinic protocol)
Knowledge:General medical office proceduresUnderstand end of day
cash balancing and charge reconciliation process (according to
Skills:Proficiency in basic computer programs and operating
systems, such as Microsoft OfficeExcellent communication,
organizational and interpersonal skillsBilingual in English and
Abilities:Must be able to perform courteously and professionally in
Equipment Operated:Office equipment such as fax machine, copier and
telephone systemEKG machine, other patient care testing
Work environment:Works in a well-lighted, OSHA Standard
environmentMay be exposed to infectious and contagious diseasesMay
be in contact with patients under a wide variety of
circumstancesOccasionally subject to irregular hoursMay be required
to wear personal protective equipment as necessary
Mental/Physical Requirements:Must be able to remain calm and
focused in an emergency situationMust be able to see with
corrective eye wearMust be able to hear clearly with assistance
Essential Job Duties
- Participates in decision-making and process improvement.
- Communicates effectively within and beyond assigned team.
- Focuses on the problem or issue, not the person.
- Assist with daily clerical operations, including answering
multi-phone lines and making copies of documents as necessary.
- Accurately files patient charts; including scanning documents
into files as necessary.
- Schedules patient appointments as necessary, return visits and
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures that patient rooms, nursing station and storage rooms
are kept stocked, clean, manages product expiration date; ensures
all equipment is kept clean according to infection prevention
- Distributes referrals as necessary to physicians and insurance
companies; keep proper documentation of referral requests/responses
in patient charts.
- Pre-authorize prescriptions and clinical tests (CT, MRI,
Ultrasound, etc.) as necessary.
- Phone/faxing patient prescriptions as necessary.
- Schedules Diagnostic Imaging studies BMDs dietician
appointments, cardiology testing, and radiology testing for
patients, and completes all appropriate paperwork.
- Contacts patients with lab results and sends letters to
patients as necessary.
- Accurately performs clinical duties to include triaging
patients, checking patient vitals, administering injections and
venipunctures, and prepping patients for physician exam.
- Accurately performs a variety of clinical testing, including
EKG, PFT, PAP, CLIA waived lab tests, ear irrigations, O2 sats,
vision/color charts, and urinalysis/hemocult tests according to
physician orders: Maintains QC logs per CLIA guidelines
- Labels patient specimens and completes lab slips accurately;
separates lab slips monthly.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete patient information forms
prior to physician meeting with patient; assist physician with
chart as necessary.
- Adheres to IPM Safety and Quality guidelines
Keywords: Laredo Physicians Group, Laredo , MEDICAL ASSISTANT / C. Demasiado, NP, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!