Company: Doctors Hospital of Laredo
Posted on: January 8, 2022
ResponsibilitiesJOB SUMMARY:Under the general supervision of a
supervisor, the phlebotomist assumes the responsibility for safely
performing venipunctures and related procedures under the
philosophy, policies, and procedures established by hospital and
- Successfully performs venipucture on patients from neonates to
- Completes phlebotomy in a timely manner.
- Required to read/review physicians orders prior to performing
- Follows hospital and departmental procedures regarding patients
care, infection control, and National Patient Safety Goals (double
- Performs sweat chlorides.
- Documents any orders needing
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy certificate preferred.
- BLS is required.
- Knowledge of the various types of needles, anticoagulant,
special handling, and preparation of test that are to be
- On the job training or vocational school training
- Requires the ability to read and write to follow written and
- Excellent people skills and communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.EEO StatementAll UHS
subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to
recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success.NoticeAt UHS and all our
subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are
here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and
experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our
subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best
in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: Doctors Hospital of Laredo, Laredo , PHLEBOTOMIST, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!