MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Facility:--RIO GRANDE PROCESSING CENTERCompensation
Base:--$56,160Compensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal
Opportunity Employer.SummaryResponsible for provision of full range
of mental health outpatient services from initial assessment,
treatment planning, supportive counseling and case management as
well as aftercare planning, group psychotherapy, suicide risk
assessment and crisis intervention.Primary Duties and
- Conducts mental health interviews, screenings, and evaluations
and determines appropriate mental health services and treatment
plans to address an inmate---s, detainee---s, or resident---s
(I/D/R) specific mental health needs in accordance with the mission
of the outpatient mental health program and policies.
- Provides a full-range of supportive mental health services
including brief individual counseling, group counseling (process or
psycho-educational), and specialty group counseling (e.g., anger
management, coping skills, end of sentence, life term, etc.), and
- Provides case management services as required to ensure
continuity of ongoing service delivery.
- Prepares all related mental health documentation in accordance
with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear,
thorough, and timely manner.
- Consults with Security, Medical, Classification and other
departments as needed in I/D/R related mental health concerns.
- Responds to psychological emergencies and provides crisis
intervention as required up to and including involuntary
hospitalization or placement under observation due to suicide risk
or inability to adjust within general population due to symptoms of
- Conducts post-release planning and communicates with community
based mental health facilities for referral and continuity of care
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- Master---s degree from an accredited college or university in a
mental health related field such as Psychology, Counseling, or
- State licensure (dependent upon the state) as a Clinical Social
Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Mental Health
Professional or Mental Health Counselor (if claiming license
eligibility, applicant must be able to provide proper
- Licensed interns may be considered based on client
requirements. Licensed interns must have an established clinical
supervisor approved by the state board that governs the
- One (1) year experience providing mental health services in an
institutional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and
- Strong counseling and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work individual and in a team environment.
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Laredo , MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL, Healthcare , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!