Case Manager RN - FT - Case Management
Company: Laredo Medical Center
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Case Manager RN - FT
Join our team! Laredo Medical Center's (LMC) Case Management
Department is now hiring a full-time RN Case Manager to work at
LMC's 326 bed acute care hospital. Employees in this units report
directly to the Director of Case Management. The Hospital is
located in sunny Laredo, Texas, just 150 miles south of historic
San Antonio. Read a full position description below.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
The Case manager is accountable for the organization, sequence of
services, and resources that are necessary and appropriate for the
achievement of patient outcomes within effective time frames on a
specific group of patients. In addition, the Case manager will
coordinate the plan of care among all members of the health care
team. The Case Manager must have ability to practice under minimal
supervision. The Case Manager will perform a wide variety of
high-level patient care activities to include admission assessment,
screen for appropriateness, protocol development and monitoring,
development of plan to address physical and psychosocial needs,
coordinate services and discharge planning, patient/family
teaching, and monitoring of cost effective health care across the
continuum of care. The Case Manager must complete all initial
admission assessments within 24 hours of admission. The Case
manager must meet resource management expectations, assist to
reduce practice variations, and enhance patient outcomes. Reports
to the Director of Case Management, supervised by Case Management
Team Leader. There are no subordinates who report directly to the
Nurse Case Manager. Interacts with others both inside and outside
of the organization, including, but not limited to, members of the
department, supervisory staff, other ancillary staff members,
physician office staff, and outside vendors.
Applicants Job Requirements Include:
* Required: Graduate of an accredited school of professional
* Preferred: Certified Case Manager, CCM.
* Required: 1-3 years of recent acute care experience.
* Required: Strong written/verbal communication and computer
* Required: Organizational skills with a well-developed style of
diplomacy, assertiveness and a tolerance for ambiguity.
* Required: Knowledge of Case Management concepts; interest in the
financial aspects of patient care.
* Preferred: Minimum of 6 months Case management/Utilization Review
* Preferred: Previous experience in discharge planning and managed
* Required: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of
* Required: Current CPR certification or obtain within 30 days of
Keywords: Laredo Medical Center, Laredo , Case Manager RN - FT - Case Management, Executive , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!