Food and Beverage Assistant Director
Company: Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
Location: Eagle Pass
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job DescriptionReports toDirector of Food & BeverageScope of
PositionResponsible for coordinating, supervising and directing the
front of the house operations while sustaining a profitable and
highly service oriented department. Meets budgeted expectations,
promotes business through creative marketing concepts, and advances
the service standards throughout the food and beverage
department.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The following are examples
only and are not intended to be all inclusive or restrictive; other
duties may be assigned as necessary. Essential FunctionsAn
individual must be able to successfully perform each essential
function of this position listed below with or without reasonable
accommodation. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesManages all food and
beverage front of house staff. Position is responsible for the
overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of food and
beverage personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies, departmental
procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Performs all functions in accordance with applicable Tribal,
Federal, other laws and gaming regulations, and Kickapoo Lucky
Eagle policies and procedures.
- Leads the restaurants and beverage venues to identify,
evaluate, and develop strategies to systematically enhance revenue,
increase profitability, and guest satisfaction.
- Organizes and directs employee training programs, resolves
personnel issues, conducts interviews and evaluatesemployee
performances with assistance from management team.
- Monitors staffing levels and assists management in making
appropriate adjustments according to business levels and
- Assists with administrative responsibilities and supervise
management team for accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with
standards of operation and policies.
- Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but
not limited to, providing supervision and professional development,
scheduling, conducting counseling, evaluations, and provide
- Partners with the Director in assessing and monitoring
financial aspects of the department. Assists in annual budget
planning including revenues, payroll, capital projects, expenses,
training expenses, and product cost percentages. Monitors and
ensures operating expenses remain within approved budgeted
- Develops and implements menus along with food and beverage
marketing strategies in partnership with the Director and the
Executive Culinary Team.
- Comprehends financial reports, participate in monthly P&L
meetings, and applies information in a timely and practical fashion
to improve the operations as evaluated by the Director.
- Ensures compliance with health, safety, sanitation, and Texas
alcohol awareness standards.
- Develops the talents and skills of team members as measured by
productivity and guest satisfaction. Advances employee enthusiasm
within the department and successfully mentor team for career
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective operating
and control processes designed to attain maximum operating
- Investigates and resolves all guest grievances in a timely
manner with regards to quality of food and drink, service staff,
and overall guest experience.
- Maintains and further develops department policies and
- Assists the Director in the planning and follow through of
banquet/catering events, VIP promotions, and marketing events.
- Assists in setting and maintaining service standards with hands
on approach. Motivates and leads the team by coaching, counseling,
setting goals, and establishing measures to achieve.
- Monitors attendance, outlet schedules, participates in the
selection of team members, and identifies challenges with a
solution based approach.
- Conducts Manager on Duty shifts as assigned.
- Conducts daily walk through inspections of food and beverage
outlets to ensure sanitation, facility integrity, product quality,
service excellence, consistency between venues, and that equipment
is in working and functioning condition.
- Assists in creating menus and implementing marketing promotions
in coordination with Executive Chef, Director, and the Marketing
department. Programs consist of restaurant monthly promotions,
beverage lists, seasonal/holiday programs, guest service
enhancements, and developing creative ideas for increased
- Attends regular departmental meetings to ensure effective
coordination and communication between staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all health, safety, and sanitation
processes are in place in compliance with Indian Health Services.
- Schedule and supervise month end inventories.
- Attends and satisfactorily completes all required training as
assigned and required.
- Manages and maintains security of confidential information
entrusted to position.Marginal Functions
- Other duties as assigned.Essential CompetenciesAn individual
must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to
successfully perform the responsibilities of this
- Experience with and knowledge of all front and back of the
house positions with the ability to quickly assess service
- Extensive knowledge on the comprehension of financial reporting
- Familiarity of liquors, wines, wine service, beers, and selling
techniques with the ability to pass knowledge on to teammembers.
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage Accounting principles for
conducting inventories, labor controls, menu engineering, and
financial reporting.Skills and AbilitiesThe individual must possess
the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to
explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to train and evaluate staff in the processes of food &
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate proficiency skills with computerized POS systems.
- Developed skills in supplier and contract negotiations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and job assignments
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities
and/or information in order to improve practices or develop new
- Critical thinking- Evaluates arguments or propositions; makes
judgments that can guide the development of beliefs and taking
action. Discovers a rule or principle underlying the relationship
between two or more objects and applies it to solving a problem.
- Results oriented- Organizes and carry out courses of action to
manage likely situations. Makes things happen and achieves
practical results. Makes sacrifices and works well for big returns.
- Problem solving - Recognizes problems and devises and
implements plan of action. Evaluates progress and revises plan as
- Setting goals and measuring performance - Understands work
requirements and improves levels of competence. Sets goals and
considers strategies to select those that balance progress toward
goals against unwanted costs. As the task evolves monitors and
measures the accumulating effects of the situation. Uses
performance measures to improve work processes.
- Managing Human Resources - Assesses knowledge and skills and
distributes work accordingly, evaluates performance, and provides
comments and feedback. Assesses needs and obtains training
resources for workplace learning activities.
- Exercises leadership - Communicates thoughts, feelings, and
ideas to justify a position. Encourages, persuades, and convinces
others to maintain high standards. Uses an appropriate leadership
style for different situations.
- Creates and maintains motivation - Includes activities that may
help a supervisor and subordinate work together and activities
which may lead to an environment conducive to efficient work
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical such as
- Language Skills - Excellent oral and written communications
skills. Spanish or other language skills a plus. Excellent verbal
communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with
guests, employees and company contacts.
- Reasoning Ability -Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to understand
complex instructions and material. Ability to mentally process
abstract ideals.Physical ActivitiesThe physical activities
described here are representative of those that must be met and are
encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend for extended periods;
reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to concentrate for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The employee must be able to communicate effectively in person
and use telecommunications equipment.
- The employee must have the hand-eye coordination and manual
dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone
- Lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.Work EnvironmentThe work
environments described here are representative of those that must
be met and are encountered by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work for extended periods in an office under
artificial fluorescent lighting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to smoke, toxic materials, air contaminants,
noise, and temperature extremes.
- The employee must be able to perform under pressure and work
long hours under stressful conditions.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in
attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests and extremely
irate staff members. AvailabilityAn individual must have the
following job availability to perform one or more essential
functions of this position.
- Location: 794 Lucky Eagle Drive, Eagle Pass, TX 78852
- Flexibility: The employee may need to work nights, weekends,
holidays and/or extended hours if required.TravelTraveling may
necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this
position.REQUIRED ENTRY CRITERIAEducation and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a Food and Beverage
Manager and experience in a similar position.
- Minimum of two (2) years' progressive supervisory experience
directing, mentoring, leading, and coaching others to exceed
- Must have high volume multi outlet restaurant experience with
expertise in beverage operations, sales and revenue growth,
inventory control, cost controls, budgeting, forecasting, and
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
- Proven managerial problem-solving and critical thinking skills
in identifying and prioritizing opportunities to drive measurable
- Experience in upscale dining, quick service concepts, casual
dining and buffet type operations.Other Criteria
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- KTTT Gaming Commission Gaming License, including successful
completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain
license. Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and
from work.PERFERRED ENTRY CRITERIA
- Gaming industry experience preferred.
- Banquet/catering experience preferred.
- Effective experience in handling opportunities, including
anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving challenges as
- Able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc.
from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
Keywords: Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino, Laredo , Food and Beverage Assistant Director, Executive , Eagle Pass, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!