General Manager - Site
Company: TravelCenters of America LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
View All Jobs at TravelCenters of America General Manager - Site
in Laredo, TX at TravelCenters of America Job Brief
The General Manager leads and develops a team of Profit Center
Manager (PCMs) to drive the overall results of the entire travel
center location. The position is also responsible for providing the
proper training, development, and supervision of PCMs to ensure the
profitability, environmental protection, site maintenance, safety
and efficient operation of the travel center according to Company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that programs are properly implemented and maintained
to ensure the safety of customers and employees.
- Recruits and selects new site management employees capable of
meeting or exceeding Company performance standards.
- Ensures the PCMs are properly staffing their departments with
qualified employees to maintain the designated hours of operation.
Reviews staff scheduling with PCMs to achieve labor standards set
by the Company including those concerning overtime.
- Ensures the PCMs are giving hiring, orientation and training
employees the highest priority. Also ensures PCM/APCMs are
personally conducting location orientation for new employees.
- Directs PCMs to ensure all location employees complete
mandatory training and receive on the job training. Monitors
development progress and recommends additional training as
necessary for site PCMs/ACPMs. Identifies cross training
- Assesses performance of PCMs, completes appraisals of direct
reports and recommends for advancement and merit increases.
- Communicates work assignments and responsibilities to PCMs,
follows up on completion of responsibilities, coaches, develops and
trains managers to ensure performance measures and location
standards are met or exceeded and to raise individuals' levels of
performance. Takes corrective action when management performance
remains unsatisfactory. As necessary, initiates disciplinary
action, up to and including, termination.
- Develops an open door atmosphere that is conducive to receiving
- Ensures all customer complaints are addressed promptly and
develops ways to reduce or eliminate their reoccurrence. Personally
contacts customers when appropriate.
- Actively solicits employee and customer input to improve
- Ensures awareness and compliance with all federal, state and
local regulations that impact operations.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion and submission of
reports, personnel records, time sheets, price surveys and others
- Leads PCMs to implement and maintain corporate programs and
procedures according to guidelines.
- Directs PCMs in their work activities to meet or exceeds
- Aids in overall location supervision as needed.
- Supervises the total function of a travel center which operates
multiple profit centers and which may operate 24 hours per day, 365
days per year.
- Aids the Senior Vice President/District Manager/Regional
Operations Specialist by monitoring competitors' fuel prices and
regular non-fuel prices.
- Prices fuel and non-fuel merchandise in accordance with
established pricing instructions.
- Maintains awareness of other competitive practices that could
have an impact on business.
- Maintains fuel and non-fuel inventory levels with the
guidelines established for the location ensuring full selection and
no run outs.
- Leads PCMs to adequately and effectively maintain and safeguard
Company property, equipment, funds and merchandise and ensure all
loss prevention and audit policies are properly executed.
- Manages location operations while controlling operating
expenses within established budgets. Holds PCMs accountable for
achieving hour and overtime targets.
- Leads management team and employees to understand and comply
with all wage and hour obligations. Ensures time records are
complete and accurate and non-exempt employees are compensated for
all time worked.
- Supervises PCMs to implement home office promotions in profit
centers and promotional menu items in the restaurant to enhance
- Knows the basic operation of all computer inventory systems and
reports in all profit centers. Is able to accomplish POS system
transactions efficiently when necessary. Ensures PCMs have trained
employees in POS system transactions.
- Ensures location staff, property and premises always project a
pleasing and welcome appearance, that all aspects of housekeeping
are in order and anything needing attention is thoroughly and
- Seeks to maintain and elevate superior customer relations at
all times through a team that provides fast, friendly service at a
safe and clean location.
- Develops and implements programs that recognize and reward
outstanding customer service performed by employees. Sets an
example of outstanding customer service.
- Ensures PCM work activities meet all brand standards.
- Works with DM and PCMs to develop succession plan for
departments and ensures employees are provided with development
opportunities for career growth.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting of total site results and
achieving budgeted site EBITDA. Qualifications
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field
or relevant experience in business operations.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience with supervising manager-level
- Ability to analyze financial reports (e.g., understand the
calculations on the P&L, coverage ratio, budget & expense
reports, etc.) to create positive financial results at all
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills to
deliver information clearly and effectively to customers and
- Ability to perform all non-management functions to assist when
- Demonstrate proficient customer service skills to provide best
in class service.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and proactively
complete assigned duties.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with
appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
The position will be required to lift and carry merchandise items
weighing up to approximately 50 pounds and climb a ladder to reach
supplies stored in overhead areas as well as to inspect for
cleanliness. Must have the ability to regularly stand/walk for up
to ten (10) hours/day and sit for periods up to four (4) hours/day.
Operate computer equipment efficiently. Good hand coordination,
fine motor skills and manual dexterity. Must be able to work
irregular hours in exterior and interior conditions. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus. All performed with or without a
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The
incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA
Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at
any time. This job description is not a contract for employment,
and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate
employment at any time, for any reason Why not join our talent
network! Talent Networks enhance your job search and application
process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your
information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
Keywords: TravelCenters of America LLC, Laredo , General Manager - Site, Executive , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!