Assistant General Manager II
Company: First Transit
Posted on: August 30, 2020
Assistant General Manager - Transit The Assistant General Manager
is responsible for all administrative monitoring to ensure
compliance of the location on the areas of: Payroll, Benefits,
Federal and State Grants, Safety and Training, Transit
Advertisement Program, acts as Public Information Officer and
overall administrative functions of the location. First Transit is
proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment. Assistant General Manager
- Monitoring Pension plans (salary, union) and 401K plan to
ensure compliance and sustainability.
- Monitoring and communicating with health care broker, provides
oversight to health care trends, issues
- Oversees and administer employee leave / FMLA requests in
according with company guidelines.
- Works with Payroll and Benefits Coordinator to process
background, drug screens, and E-verify in compliance with company,
state and federal guidelines.
- Research, identify and establish business relationships with
recruiting sources and the local community, attend company job
fairs, as appropriate.
- Ensures the timeliness of benefit statements, and that the
SubCorp meets all IRS deadlines. Ensure employees receive benefit
- Monitors workers compensation program and related
administrative tasks. Monitoring injured employees to ensure a safe
and prompt back to duty arrangement for said employees.
- Monitoring Payroll and Benefits Department including hiring,
EEO, CHRO complaints, lawsuits, employee investigations, employee
training, FMLA, ADA, etc
- Oversees the duties and responsibilities of the Safety and
- Ensures compliance of Safety and Training SubCorp policies and
procedures. Maintains compliance with local, state, and federal
- Coordinate with the Safety & Training Coordinator to ensure
files are kept within company, state and federal guidelines.
- Oversees the duties and responsibilities of the Planning and
Grants Administration Manager.
- Establishes timeline charts and schedules to ensure that all
TxDOT, FTA and DOT deadlines are met as required.
- Serves as SubCorp PIO. Acts as a liaison with outside agencies
including local rural system, other transit systems and State DOT
regarding relevant issues.
- Oversees the overall performance of the transit advertisement
- Respond to inquiries from employees, location management,
Corporate employees, and outside vendors. Provide appropriate
documentation and follow-up.
- Coordinate, plans, and executes outreach events to promote
transit and paratransit services.
- Foster strong working relationships and promotes General
Manager directed or SubCorp adopted safety and customer service
related polices and best practices.
- Participate in union contract negotiations, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Assistant General Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3-6 years on public transportation administration.
- Work experience to include office management and basic
- Must be able to work with minimal instruction, but willing to
accept and take direction.
- Prior experience with the use of modern business applications
and skills. (Knowledge of internet applications, networks,
Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Ability to recommend appropriate course of action with employee
concerns, make independent decisions, set priorities, measure
progress, implement rewards or recommend discipline as
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact in dealing with the client,
peers and subordinates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent desire to provide excellent customer service is a
- Ability to listen to employee concerns, and act on those
concerns appropriately. First Transit is a leading provider of
transportation contract and management services, moving more than
350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than
19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route,
paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations
at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With
a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First
Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FirstGroup is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status
Keywords: First Transit, Laredo , Assistant General Manager II, Executive , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!